Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Dana White: Media and Fans Donít Grasp Just How Good Anderson Silva Is

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is Georges St-Pierre's 3-Letter Nickname?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 12-11-2012, 07:44 AM
    predator0187
    I think Anderson is an amazing fighter, he is on a different level than most people he faces.

    Anyone ever think that because of that fact the MW division seems relatively shallow? When you have a dominate champion who beats everyone in the division it seems shallow.

    Before Jones took the title the LHW division was beyond stacked, every single title fight could go either way and very few champs held their belt for longer than one defense. Now, with Jones as champ, it is almost a given to fans that he is going to win making the division seemed less stacked.

    Really the only reason Anderson doesn't want the fight with Weidman is because it's a low profile fight, IMO. Does that make his less a of skilled competitor? No. He just doesn't want to fight a new comer without a ton of steam behind him.

    And the question is, if Dana asked him would he? I think the answer is yes. So Anderson is just expressing his opinion on the rankings...

    Pred...
  • 12-11-2012, 05:13 AM
    MIZjitsZOU
    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    I

    Most of your posts in regards to AS usually come off as you trolling or hating on him just for the fuck of it. Sometimes I wonder if you believe some of that shit or do you just wake up with a checklist saying, "Hmmm who am I going to fuck with today on mmanews?".
    Was the irony of this statement lost on everybody but me.
  • 12-11-2012, 04:15 AM
    roaddawg
    Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    Did you not know that ONTARIO is in Canada?
    I'm sorry but what message are you trying to convey here?


    Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    I am nowhere near the biased fanboy that you are. I say critical things about GSP all the time, you toe the AS / Soares line 100%.
    The difference however is I don't need to bash GSP to show my support for Silva nor do I need to trash his competition. You always go on record complaining and whining about Silva not fighting anyone at mw yet you can't come up with an opponent he should have been fighting at the time. In addition, you can't prove that he has turned down a fight against an official contender.

    Most of your posts in regards to AS usually come off as you trolling or hating on him just for the fuck of it. Sometimes I wonder if you believe some of that shit or do you just wake up with a checklist saying, "Hmmm who am I going to fuck with today on mmanews?".

    Listen whatever Silva did to you or your mother I'm sure he is fucking sorry.
  • 12-11-2012, 03:50 AM
    lwbrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    As for Silva "ducking" guys, I don't really know. I think he realizes Weidman is a dangerous fight while at the same time he gains pretty much nothing from fighting him. It is how the fight game goes, people hate it in boxing but the guys do it for a reason.

    .
    This is were you & I disagree when you win the belt you agree to fight the top contenders. Not look for vanity fight when you have title defenses to do.
  • 12-11-2012, 03:14 AM
    v3xi
    Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    You talk about how much Anderson cuts, but really he is by no means a massive MW; most of the top guys are about the same size as him. Similarly, GSP is not a small WW. He has all the same physical advantages at WW that Silva has at MW (I believe the difference between GSP's reach and the norm at WW is actually greater then that of Silva's, maybe I'll research it in depth if I feel like it). GSP also has the added benefit of having unnaturally low body fat %, which makes him lighter for the same strength and allows him to dehydrate more weight.
    Anderson is a huge MW first off. GSP works his ass off to get in the shape he is in, Anderson eats crap food which is part of the reason why he is 225-230 lbs when not in fighting shape. GSP doesn't have "unnaturally low" body fat and Anderson cuts more % of his weight then GSP does. You claim that having less fat on your body allows you to hold more water?

    Jones however, is an absolutely monstrous LHW. It's like when Silva was a WW; he was just freaking huge at that weight and his reach advantage was ridiculous.
    Jones has a monstrous reach advantage. That does not equate to being "huge". Have you seen how skinny his legs are?

    As for Silva "ducking" guys, I don't really know. I think he realizes Weidman is a dangerous fight while at the same time he gains pretty much nothing from fighting him. It is how the fight game goes, people hate it in boxing but the guys do it for a reason.
    He ducked Hendo rematch, I think he was doing the same for Marquart. He was forced into fighting Chael again, hes not defending his belt against the top contender. All these guys are good wrestlers.

    GSP doesn't want to fight Silva for similar reasons; he has a ton to gain but the risk is too great. Then, he rather fight Diaz then Hendricks since the benefits are huge for beating Diaz, while they are pretty much equally dangerous fighters. If he beats Hendricks, no one will really care.
    GSP said if Anderson moves to WW he would fight him. Its Anderson trying to back GSP in a corner AND get his way on everything that is holding this fight back. His choice to fight Diaz, who is the easier fight with more money to gain, is garbage and will not get any defense from me.
  • 12-11-2012, 03:00 AM
    goodtimes
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    For the record:
    • People were pissed at Anderson and Jones because they want their champions to fight the best. I'm sure there was some racism in some of the minds of some of the haters. I do not feel it was in any way close to a majority.
    • I've never seen the idea that dana hates Anderson get any legs on the board; quite the opposite. I'm betting Anderson is responsible for more than one Ferrari.
    • The weight classes of WW and MW are closer than MW and LHW. But that's not an indication that Anderson and Georges cut the same amount to make weight.
    • I think Anderson is an incredible fighter. Absolutely p4p elite. I also think dana has an agenda in most of the statements he makes that aren't emotional reactions and full of f-bombs. Anderson has had a lot of backlash for pursuing vanity fights with the smaller Georges, for ducking Weidman after Chris was announced as #1 contender, and for not actively pursuing the fight many fans expect him to take in Jones. This is a way to make the lemons of Bonner's screwup into lemonade. I expected it weeks ago.


    rh
    You talk about how much Anderson cuts, but really he is by no means a massive MW; most of the top guys are about the same size as him. Similarly, GSP is not a small WW. He has all the same physical advantages at WW that Silva has at MW (I believe the difference between GSP's reach and the norm at WW is actually greater then that of Silva's, maybe I'll research it in depth if I feel like it). GSP also has the added benefit of having unnaturally low body fat %, which makes him lighter for the same strength and allows him to dehydrate more weight.

    If GSP moved up to MW to fight Silva, he'd be a pretty small MW, but not exactly tiny. He has a reach advantage on a lot of the guys at that weight, he would just be a little short.

    Jones however, is an absolutely monstrous LHW. It's like when Silva was a WW; he was just freaking huge at that weight and his reach advantage was ridiculous.

    As for Silva "ducking" guys, I don't really know. I think he realizes Weidman is a dangerous fight while at the same time he gains pretty much nothing from fighting him. It is how the fight game goes, people hate it in boxing but the guys do it for a reason.

    GSP doesn't want to fight Silva for similar reasons; he has a ton to gain but the risk is too great. Then, he rather fight Diaz then Hendricks since the benefits are huge for beating Diaz, while they are pretty much equally dangerous fighters. If he beats Hendricks, no one will really care.
  • 12-11-2012, 02:50 AM
    v3xi
    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    What's in the dark usually comes to light. Your explanations for your disdain against Silva were well received.

    Cordially,
    Did you not know that ONTARIO is in Canada? I am nowhere near the biased fanboy that you are. I say critical things about GSP all the time, you toe the AS / Soares line 100%.
  • 12-11-2012, 02:40 AM
    roaddawg
    Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    Example: GSP got me into MMA and is by far my favorite fighter

    What's in the dark usually comes to light. Your explanations for your disdain against Silva were well received.

    Cordially,
  • 12-11-2012, 02:02 AM
    v3xi
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Kid, you need to peel back the trolling. If you have something intelligent to say, I have yet to hear it. But don't needlessly bait people on the forum simply because they like one fighter or another. If your life is unhappy and you need to find a passive aggressive outlet via the anonymity of the interweb, find another site on which to do it.

    rh
    I am 28. I am not trolling. People who blindly follow a fighter and regurgitate everything that fighter says pisses me off. People should be able to have an independent thought outside of what AS / Soares wants. Example: GSP got me into MMA and is by far my favorite fighter, I made several posts in the past few days saying what he was doing to Hendricks was a disgrace. Maybe I can change the word nut hugger to another word that is less harsh but I am not baiting anyone. Someone who constantly repeats what AS /Soares says and does not waver off of that line isn't being contributive here either.

    Btw, I do make good posts as well.
  • 12-11-2012, 01:19 AM
    rivethead
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    So when is Rampage(insert his weight here) making his pro debut?
    For the record, I'm not saying he has no talent, or hoping he loses. I actually hope--for his sake--he's up to whatever challenges he undertakes.

    But I am saying he reverts back to that I-totally-trane nonsense whenever his dumshit statements are pointed out as dumshit statements, and that it doesn't make them any less of dumshit statements.

    For the record:
    • People were pissed at Anderson and Jones because they want their champions to fight the best. I'm sure there was some racism in some of the minds of some of the haters. I do not feel it was in any way close to a majority.
    • I've never seen the idea that dana hates Anderson get any legs on the board; quite the opposite. I'm betting Anderson is responsible for more than one Ferrari.
    • The weight classes of WW and MW are closer than MW and LHW. But that's not an indication that Anderson and Georges cut the same amount to make weight.
    • I think Anderson is an incredible fighter. Absolutely p4p elite. I also think dana has an agenda in most of the statements he makes that aren't emotional reactions and full of f-bombs. Anderson has had a lot of backlash for pursuing vanity fights with the smaller Georges, for ducking Weidman after Chris was announced as #1 contender, and for not actively pursuing the fight many fans expect him to take in Jones. This is a way to make the lemons of Bonner's screwup into lemonade. I expected it weeks ago.


    rh
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •