Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Daniel Cormier might get next shot at Jon Jones' title despite no wins at 205

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is Quinton Jackson's Nickname?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 01-02-2013, 12:15 AM
    kalebarker
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    The chael situation is a completely different story due to the facts that led up to him getting the title shot. All of these people who you yourself have said are top contenders in the LHW division were given the chance to fight Jones and all of them said no, except one person, that person being chael sonnen. im sorry if you dont want to believe that or whatever the case may be but taking a fight on 8 days notice after all of the other "contenders" turned it down holds water in my book, it goes to show chael is a real fighter and will actually fight anyone anytime. Not ill fight anyone when its convenient for me and my camp like the other top guys said.
    Sonnen is not the only person that offered to fight Jones. Weidman stepped up and offered to fight Jones as well. The UFC chose to not offer Jones that fight and made the UFC belts one step closer to being meaningless.
  • 01-01-2013, 09:30 PM
    Pasha K
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    The chael situation is a completely different story due to the facts that led up to him getting the title shot. All of these people who you yourself have said are top contenders in the LHW division were given the chance to fight Jones and all of them said no, except one person, that person being chael sonnen. im sorry if you dont want to believe that or whatever the case may be but taking a fight on 8 days notice after all of the other "contenders" turned it down holds water in my book, it goes to show chael is a real fighter and will actually fight anyone anytime. Not ill fight anyone when its convenient for me and my camp like the other top guys said
    .

    Ok this is pointless. I really can't believe that you seriously think that the LHW fighters are kinda divas and Chael Sonnen is a true fighter and that is why he accepted the fight.
    Anyway, I am not going to waste time anymore.

    Just answer me one question, did Dana White said that Gustafsson also declined the fight?

    Because you know, he also said that Miesha Tate declined the rematch with Rousey, and few days later Tate said that UFC did not even contacted her.
  • 01-01-2013, 08:04 PM
    BonesKnows
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    You absolutely owned me without any doubt!! Aside of Shogun I can not name any other Top 10 fighter that Gus has defeated.

    Now you name me one single TOP 1000 LHW fighter that Sonnen fought to get his title shot.
    Gustafsson has only 1 win against Top 10 competition, Hendo let's say that also has just a couple of wins against Top competition, Machida has one win against a Top 10 (If we say that Bader is a Top 10).
    They are all Losers. Unlike them, Sonnen and Cormier have many wins against Top competition in the LHW division. Definitely they deserve the title shot over Gus, Hendo and Lyoto.
    The chael situation is a completely different story due to the facts that led up to him getting the title shot. All of these people who you yourself have said are top contenders in the LHW division were given the chance to fight Jones and all of them said no, except one person, that person being chael sonnen. im sorry if you dont want to believe that or whatever the case may be but taking a fight on 8 days notice after all of the other "contenders" turned it down holds water in my book, it goes to show chael is a real fighter and will actually fight anyone anytime. Not ill fight anyone when its convenient for me and my camp like the other top guys said.

    Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    T. Silva may not be ranked top ten, but the dude is a beast. That was a good win for Gus, IMO.
    Agree Silva is a beast. But he has not looked like the killer that first took the UFC by storm with 4 starght stoppages. In the Gus fight he was the thiago silva that was coming off a suspension (1st suspension) and looked terrible. Gus is a good fighter not taking anything away from him, but everyone calling for him to get a title shot it a little out of line IMO. He needs another top 5 win, because the shogun win is cancelled out by the phil davis loss IMO
  • 01-01-2013, 03:26 PM
    W.Silva>C.Norris
    Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post



    WOW....


    So Jones facing Sonnen on 8 days notice... makes sense to you still....
    Yep, and Jones ducking that fight is still a cowards move.
  • 01-01-2013, 03:17 PM
    MIZjitsZOU
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Pasha name one fighter other than shoguna thatGustavsson has beat in the top 10 of the LHW division.

    Shogun was in the top 5, thiago silva was coming back from suspension and wasnt in the top 10, Matyushenko isnt in the top 10, Hamill isnt in the top 10, Te-Huna isnt top 10, and Diabate isnt top 10. The only other top 10 guy he has faced is Phil Davis and he lost, a fight i still believe he would lose today if they faught again.
    T. Silva may not be ranked top ten, but the dude is a beast. That was a good win for Gus, IMO.
  • 01-01-2013, 03:08 PM
    Kimbo> Rampage
    Lyoto is one of my favorite fights, but I dont want to see him rematch Jones anytime soon. He has the best chance at LHW currently, but still doesnt have much of a chance imo...

    I wanted Hendo to get his shot, but he gave that up once he signed the Lyoto fight.

    Goose or Glover would be good, fresh challengers... I dont give either of them much of a chance, but if they can earn it... give it to them before someone else gets a rematch... Considering how dominate Jones has been in all of his defenses.

    DC vs. Jones would be a great fight... DC's elite wrestling and power would give Jones huge fits... He also has some decent speed and technical striking to make things more interesting... But still gives up a huge reach advantage to Jones, and a good speed disadvantage imo... being a fast HW and a fast LHW are 2 very different things.


    Ill be interested to see DC at HW and LHW... He can and will be top5 in both divisions imo(aside from a bad cut or injury) I dont see him getting the title in either division, unless after Jones moves up to HW.

    Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    This logic works perfectly fine for Sonnen stepping in on short notice to fill in for an injured Henderson.
    WOW....


    So Jones facing Sonnen on 8 days notice... makes sense to you still....
  • 01-01-2013, 01:36 PM
    W.Silva>C.Norris
    Quote Originally Posted by braddahmatt View Post
    I was under the impression that Chael Sonnen got the title shot because no one else wanted to fight Jones... Henderson went out with an injury and then Machida declined right? I see no problem with giving Sonnen the fight if no one else wanted to.
    This logic works perfectly fine for Sonnen stepping in on short notice to fill in for an injured Henderson. Not the fiasco we got stuck with afterwards.

    Quote Originally Posted by braddahmatt View Post
    Jones is pretty popular so you can't keep him on the shelf until someone else wants to fight him. The UFC is in the money-making business, not the "keep the fanboys happy" business. If they think one fight is going to make more money than another, they will book it. At the end of the day you have to make money to be relevant... that's why you appease the mainstream, not the fanboy.
    And this is what makes the UFC sports entertainment as opposed to a legit sport.
  • 01-01-2013, 09:45 AM
    Pasha K
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Pasha name one fighter other than shoguna thatGustavsson has beat in the top 10 of the LHW division.

    Shogun was in the top 5, thiago silva was coming back from suspension and wasnt in the top 10, Matyushenko isnt in the top 10, Hamill isnt in the top 10, Te-Huna isnt top 10, and Diabate isnt top 10. The only other top 10 guy he has faced is Phil Davis and he lost, a fight i still believe he would lose today if they faught again.
    You absolutely owned me without any doubt!! Aside of Shogun I can not name any other Top 10 fighter that Gus has defeated.

    Now you name me one single TOP 1000 LHW fighter that Sonnen fought to get his title shot.
    Gustafsson has only 1 win against Top 10 competition, Hendo let's say that also has just a couple of wins against Top competition, Machida has one win against a Top 10 (If we say that Bader is a Top 10).
    They are all Losers. Unlike them, Sonnen and Cormier have many wins against Top competition in the LHW division. Definitely they deserve the title shot over Gus, Hendo and Lyoto.
  • 01-01-2013, 08:31 AM
    BonesKnows
    Pasha name one fighter other than shoguna thatGustavsson has beat in the top 10 of the LHW division.

    Shogun was in the top 5, thiago silva was coming back from suspension and wasnt in the top 10, Matyushenko isnt in the top 10, Hamill isnt in the top 10, Te-Huna isnt top 10, and Diabate isnt top 10. The only other top 10 guy he has faced is Phil Davis and he lost, a fight i still believe he would lose today if they faught again.
  • 01-01-2013, 05:40 AM
    Pasha K
    Quote Originally Posted by braddahmatt View Post
    I was under the impression that Chael Sonnen got the title shot because no one else wanted to fight Jones... Henderson went out with an injury and then Machida declined right? I see no problem with giving Sonnen the fight if no one else wanted to.
    All this story is just a cheap excuse from Dana White to justify this absolute no sensical disaster.

    Machida declined the fight because 3 weeks to prepare for Jones is nothing!
    Chael Sonnen offered himself because he is a Troll and it was his only way to get a title shot, he would never ever get a shot in a legit way. Half of the LHW roster would maul him.
    Unfortunately some people can not realize very simple things and they think that the LHW division is full of cowards, and Chael Sonnen is a true warrior.

    But as you say, money is the only important thing, so Dana White, as always, made the fight that would bring him more money, regardless of the fact that that fight makes no sense at all.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •