Originally Posted by jkilla374
I disagree. The Giants owned the Pats the whole time, even when they were losing 7-3, they were dominating.
The Patriots did not play poorly. They did not make any big "mistakes." They simply got outplayed and the Giants had the better plan.
That march down the field that Brady had was amazing. The problem was that Eli's response was that much better.
Give credit where credit is due: the Giants owned the Pats. Period.
I congrat the Giants, they were they better team that day. I am going to have to say though, the pats did make big mistakes.
1.going for it on 4th and 13 instead of kicking the field goal THAT was in Gostowkis range
2. Playing a run blitz , on that TD pass to plaxico
3. Not running a 5 wide set like they had all season not even once
4. Not running with Maroney to the outside, when they had success with it that day on two different occasions.
5. not staying with their inside slant patterns at ALL.
6. The O line played like it was there first game it was pathetic.
7, Asante dropping a interception that went right through his hands.
8. Brady throwing 3 consecutive pass plays on there last touchdown drive, how about running some clock with a run play or 2.
9. AND LASTLY,,,,HARRISON ALWAYS HITS HIS RECIEVERS ON D, THIS TIME HE JUST DECIDES TO KNOCK THE BALL AWAY FROM THE GUY. HOW ABOUT SMASHING HIM LIKE HE ALWAYS DOES. hE NEVER WOULD OF HELD ONTO THAT BALL.
THE GIANTS WERE THE BETTER TEAM THAT DAY AND DESERVE THE WIN NO DOUBT. But to say the Patriots made no mistakes is ridiculous. They MADE HUGE MISTAKES......IMO and i am bias Pats should be in it again next year.
Great season Giants