Frequently Asked Questions/Recommended Reading Materials
Note: This is currently under construction. I will be adding things as I have time
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What should my diet look like?
A: Read this. Donít worry about smaller details until youíve got this much handled:
Q: I want to lose weight, what foods should I choose?
A: Read these: http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/...aneating_1.htm
Q: I want to gain muscle without fat, what should I do?
Q: I want to lose fat and gain muscle, how can I do this?
A: It is horribly inefficient to try and do both at the same time. To lose weight you need a calorie deficit and to gain muscle you need a caloric excess. You canít have both of those at the same time, so work on losing the body fat and then move to gaining lean muscle.
Q: I live in a dorm and canít cook my meals. What should I do?
A: Read this: http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/...chooldays2.htm
Q: What should I do Post Workout and why is it so important?
A: Read this: http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/...importance.htm
Q: I am just getting started what supplements should I take?
A: Unless you are a professional/amatuer athlete, there is no need for many of the products out there. Supplements will only give you about a 10% improvement, so look at your diet and training before dropping $100 on an unproven supplement. These however are the basics for anybody:
- A Multivitamin or Greens Drink: take as directed (generally once a day)
- Microfiltered Enteric Encoated Fish Oil: Take 3-9 grams per day (6 is typical)
- Creatine Monohydrate or Ethyl Ester: Take 5 grams per day (3 grams for CEE). Loading is not neccisary but will speed things up
- A Post Workout Drink (See links below for more info)
- A Casein containing protein (Milk Protein Isolate, a blend, etc): Use this when taking protein other than PWO. Also take before bed.
- ZMA - Although this is not neccisary, many people are defient in Zinc and Magnesium even when eating a proper diet.