Carlos Condit unofficially agrees to UFC rematch against Rory MacDonald
Carlos Condit unofficially agrees to UFC rematch against Rory MacDonald - MMATorch
After beating up B.J. Penn for three rounds at UFC on Fox 5 on Saturday night, Rory MacDonald called out the only man who has ever beaten him in MMA: Carlos Condit.
The two fighters competed back in 2010, with Condit scoring a TKO win with only seconds remaining in the third round of what had been a very competitive fight. MacDonald has said the fight haunts him to this day, and it's a loss he wants to avenge, so he laid down the challenge to Condit, putting the ball in his court.
During Fuel TV's UFC Tonight program on Tuesday night, Ariel Helwani reported a response from Condit to said challenge.
"'I'm in.' That's all Carlos Condit said," Helwani reported. "He said the fight makes a lot of sense to him and he thinks the fans will love it, so it appears we'll have a rematch."
Condit was just defeated by Georges St-Pierre last month in a five round Title fight at UFC 154, and there's no timetable for his turnaround as of yet, but it looks like he'll be fighting MacDonald once more when he returns.