Diaz vs Jacare would be a sick fight.
What I think of when Nick Diaz's career comes to mind:
- After being protected and taking fights with mostly B,C, even D level fighters for about 5 years, he finally makes it back to the big time.
- Dominates a fading BJ Penn in what was the greatest win of his career, imo.
- Gets outworked with technique by Condit and cries about it.
- Gets dominated, outclassed, and made to look like nothing by GSP, losing his gift titleshot. Then gives up and goes home.
- Takes money, doesn't give a fuck, "retires" only to get offered more money when a big fight may come up that he can compete in to his advantage. Of course, not against anyone who could actually dominate him in any area of the fight.
- Thinks everyone owes him respect or something.
Yea, I have no interest in a Diaz/Silva fight.
There's a lot of hate in here but I'd honestly have to say he sounded realistic and humble.
He's saying he knows his title chasing days are over and the only fights that interest him are ones that create a lot of buzz or generate some real revenue.
Is that so bad?
He may say some dumb shit, but he's earned his stripes and fought his ass off everytime.
At this point, he's lost to possibly the GOAT at WW and a clear #2 contender.
If not a fight with Bisping, I want to see him and Diego at 170 in a rematch.