Thread: Craving Sugars

Default Craving Sugars

im no expert in nutrition or anything so i come here to ask im running around 70,000 meters a week and i find myself craving sweet things a lot i was just wondering if its good to take on the sugars or not

Default Recovery Cocktail

Quote Originally Posted by leejames1
    im no expert in nutrition or anything so i come here to ask im running around 70,000 meters a week and i find myself craving sweet things a lot i was just wondering if its good to take on the sugars or not
    It would be wise to ahve a protein/carb/amino/electorylate drink after your training sessions.

Try this

Simple sugar (dextrose, maltose...) and whey protein at a 3:1 ratio sugarrotein. Generally 60g sugars and 20g protein.

Add a half teaspoon of table salt (50:50 split of sodium and potassium), to speed up rehydration.

Add 3-5grams of BCAA's to help recovery and reduce DOMS

I may also add 1g of Vitamin C and 400iu of Vit. E

On the days you run, I have always been told to abide by the 40/40/20 rule. 40% Carbs, 40% Protein, and 20% Fats. Every article I've ever read on running says to ensure your carbs are coming from complex sources. Now, most experts say that up to 10% of your carbs can be simple carbohydrates like sugar and candy bars. Do you crave post-workout, at night or early in the morning?

I would say to eat an apple when you get the cravings. That will sate the sweet craving and also provide you with a "crunchy" snack which is often craved as well.

Don't be afraid to have a cookie every now and then.

If you're that hardcore, sweet potatoes, carrots, fruits, ect have sugar in them

normally i crave something sweet in the morning, i mean at the moment im on a fruit and veg diet and im trying to cut about 15 lbs to get to 170 lbs but thanks for the advice guys

If it's just a sugar craving and not associated with training glycogen level being depelted, than brushing your teeth with a spearmint toothpaste can kick the craving. Don't know why, but it's a tip my clients use very frequently Got it from a strenghttraining mentor of mine.

Funny how that works. I always just figured something in your head said, "Yuch. I can't eat anything sweet now, I just brushed my teeth."

Quote Originally Posted by DonFrye
    Funny how that works. I always just figured something in your head said, "Yuch. I can't eat anything sweet now, I just brushed my teeth."
    I'm like that..i never eat right after i brush my teeth.

But seriously, a cookie won't kill you.

Thread Information