Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: losing 20 pounds, 8% body fat

Why would you want to use one of those? As far as I know cutting water weight doesn't help with reducing body fat.

thats what i thought as well, but my cheir said all he does before he has to weigh in is go to the steam room everyday for about a weekand told me to do the same :/

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Well yeah, before you WEIGH IN for a fight. That's because you want to be bigger than the other people in your weight class, so you drop water weight to make it to a lower weight class, then refuel overnight and on fight day you weight more than a guy who's competing at his natural weight. That's entirely different than training to lose fat.

Default lifting and cardio sameday?

I'm looking to lose some weight myself by July.(going to a wedding and seeing people I haven't seen sense college and highschool) and in general, mainly because I have let myself go the last few years sense I had quit playing baseball in college because of two major shoulder surgries with in two yrs. Anyway I'm already doing alot of the lifting, dieting and HIIT cardio you guys are recommending. But why not lift and do cardio on the sameday? One reason I ask is because the trainer at my gym told me he wants me to at least an hr of cardio a day, but at this point there is no chance I can my HIIT cardio for hr, but days I lift legs I generaly ride the bike for about an hr.

Actually the RECOVERY means, no work. Jump off to the side supports of the tredmill, and rest.

You can also do intervals of 60s sprint/60s jog/8-10 sets but it is not as hard and takes longer.

Quote Originally Posted by jwynne_4
    I'm looking to lose some weight myself by July.(going to a wedding and seeing people I haven't seen sense college and highschool) and in general, mainly because I have let myself go the last few years sense I had quit playing baseball in college because of two major shoulder surgries with in two yrs. Anyway I'm already doing alot of the lifting, dieting and HIIT cardio you guys are recommending. But why not lift and do cardio on the sameday? One reason I ask is because the trainer at my gym told me he wants me to at least an hr of cardio a day, but at this point there is no chance I can my HIIT cardio for hr, but days I lift legs I generaly ride the bike for about an hr.

Come see me at my gym. I'll set you straight.

(Seriously if your in Toronto, come on down to the gym. I'll help you out.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio
    Well yeah, before you WEIGH IN for a fight. That's because you want to be bigger than the other people in your weight class, so you drop water weight to make it to a lower weight class, then refuel overnight and on fight day you weight more than a guy who's competing at his natural weight. That's entirely different than training to lose fat.
    im talking about for the navy, when he has to weigh in to make sure hes not overweight he goes to the sauna everyday for like a week

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis
    Come see me at my gym. I'll set you straight.

(Seriously if your in Toronto, come on down to the gym. I'll help you out.)
    Man if i was in Toronto I'd love to come see you, I like reading the advice you give people but I'm in Arizona. But ya man keep posting your advice and I'll follow it the best I can. But still why not lift and do cardio on the same day? Still a little confused about that

Quote Originally Posted by GetKnockedOut
    im talking about for the navy, when he has to weigh in to make sure hes not overweight he goes to the sauna everyday for like a week
    Same thing though, too loose water weight, and not bodyfat. We hold a large amount fo water in our bodies, and depelting it will lead to a dramatic weight loss. But bodyfat numbers would stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jwynne_4
    Man if i was in Toronto I'd love to come see you, I like reading the advice you give people but I'm in Arizona. But ya man keep posting your advice and I'll follow it the best I can. But still why not lift and do cardio on the same day? Still a little confused about that

You could do both on the same day. But by splitting them up, you will be training more frequently. The frequency willl keep the metabolic furnace burning and you'll ahve aan elevated metabolism 24/7.

Thread Information