Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sobral's chances against Liddell

Default Sobral's chances against Liddell

Does Babalu have a chance to beat Liddell? I think he does. Babalu is a big underdog but he has won his last 10 fights without anybody really noticing. If he could ever get liddell on his back, i wouldn't be surprised if he takes the belt. Also, if Babalu wins, should Wand fight him in november and have tito and chuck fight in their long-awaited rematch? Or have liddel fight Babalu in a rubber match? Then we could see tito vs. W. silva for a number one contendership match? What do ya'll think?

I think the UFC pretty much has to have Wand and Liddell fight in November. Just imagine how many pissed off fans there'd be, if we had to watch a different fight in November. Shamrock vs. Tito III... shudder.

Babalu is no push over. Any guy can run off 10 wins in a row (6 out of 10 via submissions) and who beat Trevor Prangley, Mauricio Rua and Jeremy Horn in one night is to be considered dangerous. Chuck should not over look him or he might just have to tap.

That being said... I pick Chuck.:banghead:

Babalu's chances are real good IF he can get chuck on his back, if chuck sticks to his gameplan and circles the cage and works angles the fight wont go long IMO. Babalu has been on an empressive streak since losing to chuck but its not like chuck hasnt gotten any better, i beileve his sprawl is one of the best in the game Babalu and wont be able to take him down, so my pick would deffinatly be chuck either by K.O of TKO first or second round

whats everyone else think?

I don't know why most people think Chuck is gonna lose. Other then Shogun and Horn Babalu hasn't really faced anybody Chuck wouldn't destroy, and he did destroy Horn. It's funny how if this were Jackson/Liddell we'd only be talking about how Jackson beat Chuck and will do it again, but since everybody here seems to hate Chuck they don't talk about how he knocked Sobral's lights out.

Chuck'll put him to sleep again.

I've only seen the Liddell/Rampage fight once on TV, but if i remember right, didn't liddell's corner throw in the towel after rampage sweeped him and liddel was on his back? Chucks corner knew that liddell would lose if rampage got on top of him and pounded him out or submitted him. did i remember right or did i just make that up?

I dont really remeber correctly I think Chuck was on the ropes getting pounded then there was a stoppage. Sobral has a chance the last fight he got cought slippn, could happen to anyone. I think Sobrals best chance was when Dana announced that Chuck will fight Wand, Chuck might look past Sobral.

Babalu's got a great chance to win the fight, but then so does Chuck.

This reminds me of when Liddle took on Couture for the first time. Both fighters were coming in top of their game, just Couture prepared a bit better. If Chuck doesn't prepare to be taken down & thinks that he'll just throw punches & KO Babalu then good luck to him.

I'd never right off Liddle but I think he's gonna need a plan b (& possibly c).

Chuck has shown great takedown defence, so he should be able to keep it on the feet.

yea rampage took chuck down a bunch of times and chucks corner through in the towel,but in there first fight babalu didnt come close to taking chuck down cuz he was to busy gettin KTFO!!! Chuck has gotten alot better since the last fight and i dont see Babalu taking chuck down at all infact if there was a rampage rematch i dont think he'd take chuck down either

Just my opinion

Thread Information