Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sobral's chances against Liddell

Babalu has a snowballs chance in hell of winning this fight.Great fighter ,but he's not going to be able to get this fight to the ground and keep it there.Chuck's a way better wrestler and striking is Chuck's world.Did you see there last fight?That was one of the most brutal KOes I've ever seen.Chcuk wins by KO again.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

and i find that most people think just cuz chuck likes to strike that hes no good on the ground at all ,he's worked ju jitsu for years and is a purple belt he just prefers to strike, theres no way babalu is taking chuck down and holding him there and submitting him, horn,randy,tito,randleman,white,monson even babalu havnt been able to take chuck down and keep him there IN RECENT YEARS, i say that becuase i know randy did and so has jeremy horn but chuck has gotten alot better and theres no chance in hell of babalu winning this fight jus my opinion

whats everyone else think

i'm really torn on this fight. i definitely think babalu has the ability to beat chuck, but i don't know if he'll get the chance to hone that ability, meaning taking chuck down. i'd really like to see babalu win because i like him and i feel his UFC career will suffer if he loses this fight, but chuck is chuck and always shits on the naysayers by knocking out anyone in his path. also, i was rooting for babalu all the way until i heard chuck was to fight wandy in november. i think wandy fighting a new champ would lose a lot of its appeal. plus, i REALLY wanna see him fight chuck. he's got a three fight deal and he NEEDS to fight chuck and tito.

5-6 in sig/av bets. I'm the Ross Pointon of Sig bets

Tito/Wand would be almost as interesting as Chuck/Wand.

I think Chuck will end it late first round with a ko.

Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    Babalu has a snowballs chance in hell of winning this fight.Great fighter ,but he's not going to be able to get this fight to the ground and keep it there.Chuck's a way better wrestler and striking is Chuck's world.Did you see there last fight?That was one of the most brutal KOes I've ever seen.Chcuk wins by KO again.
    A snowballs chance in hell?

The calibre of Babalu's wins since his loss to Chuck reads a who's who of LHW's in mma. I have seen Chuck's KO of Babalu & still say that it was a lucky KO. I know, I know people are gonna say you make your own luck, but honestly did you really think Chuck threw his high kick knowing Babalu was gonna shoot at that exact time?

I'm not taking anything away from Liddle or the win, but Babalu's got a much better chance then you seem to think. This is definately his toughest fight since his loss to Rampage & yes I do include his title win over Couture.

Quote Originally Posted by jwistead
    I think the UFC pretty much has to have Wand and Liddell fight in November. Just imagine how many pissed off fans there'd be, if we had to watch a different fight in November. Shamrock vs. Tito III... shudder.

HAHAHAHAHAHAA FUCK YEAH WELL PUT...

Quote Originally Posted by liddell316
    I don't know why most people think Chuck is gonna lose. Other then Shogun and Horn Babalu hasn't really faced anybody Chuck wouldn't destroy, and he did destroy Horn. It's funny how if this were Jackson/Liddell we'd only be talking about how Jackson beat Chuck and will do it again, but since everybody here seems to hate Chuck they don't talk about how he knocked Sobral's lights out.

Chuck'll put him to sleep again.

DAMN STRAIGHT!

as much as i like Babalu and think he's extremely underappreciated in the LHW division, i dont think he'll make it past Chuck. chuck has too much on the line to possibly just try and walk through this fight.

regardless, it all depends on two things. Chuck's preparation, and Babalu's striking. if babalu tightens up his striking game, a short clean game that both Randy and Rampage brought to their fights with Chuck, he can hurt him and take him down for a win.

However, Chuck's standup and his strategy has improved by leaps and bounds since his losses to Randy and Rampage. as long as he keeps his head on straight and doesn't get caught in short exchanges, he'll take Babalu out

i am pretty sure if sobral beatc chuck .............chuck would still fight silva
    " If I wanted to talk to a i would have farted"

Thread Information