+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sobral's chances against Liddell

Quote Originally Posted by manntis818
    i am pretty sure if sobral beatc chuck .............chuck would still fight silva
    Nope. Part of the stipulation regarding the Chuck and Wandy fight is that Chuck has to win his next fight and Wandy has to be injury free (well medically cleared anyway) to fight. I'll be rooting for Sobral but part of me wants to see Chuck win so we can see what happens to him when he faces an established striker for the first time in years.
    Last edited by Kewl144; 07-22-2006 at 05:31 AM.
    “I Just Killed Kenny! You Bastard!”

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKtheCHAMP
    DAMN STRAIGHT!
    gotta agree as well

bubba chance is by sub and thats it. its still a good chance but lidell is so hard to get down and keep him there, so he will have an up hill battle. i still think chuck by ko... but hoping bubba with sub..
    Pop it and lock it fool

If you have skills like Sobral then you have a chance against any fighter. However, im i think Liddel will win.

Quote Originally Posted by marco47
    I've only seen the Liddell/Rampage fight once on TV, but if i remember right, didn't liddell's corner throw in the towel after rampage sweeped him and liddel was on his back? Chucks corner knew that liddell would lose if rampage got on top of him and pounded him out or submitted him. did i remember right or did i just make that up?
    It was a good stand up fight, Rampage was getting the best of Liddell and in the second round he caught Liddell with a good shot, he then took him down and pounded his ribs and his face. It was the body shots that did the damage to Liddell, he was really hurt from them and Rampage mounted Liddell and the corner threw the towel in before he could open up on Liddell.

chuck will win, sorbal wont be able to take chuck down, he has excellent takedown defence. the only way sorbal will win is by submission but he has to get chuck down first and that wont be easy.

chuck by ko

Quote Originally Posted by matto
    chuck will win, sorbal wont be able to take chuck down, he has excellent takedown defence. the only way sorbal will win is by submission but he has to get chuck down first and that wont be easy.

chuck by ko
    taking chuck down has nothing to do with actual takedown power and Chuck's defense. the two wrestlers that beat Chuck pounded him standing, in short exchanges and in the clinch, and then when he was hurt, took his ass down.

i got chuck by ko at 3:19 round one and babalu waking up at around 3:30 of the round looking at the roof like what the fuck again damn

i dont see anyone holding down liddell cause liddell is got a great base.....

i will be puttin my money on sobral

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information