Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sobral's chances against Liddell

i would say the person who has the best chance to beat chuck right now(in ufc lhw) is Babalu . i don't see anyone else in that divison giving him any problems

have watched alot of fights but hope Babalu can pull the upset

Quote Originally Posted by liddell316
    I don't know why most people think Chuck is gonna lose. Other then Shogun and Horn Babalu hasn't really faced anybody Chuck wouldn't destroy, and he did destroy Horn. It's funny how if this were Jackson/Liddell we'd only be talking about how Jackson beat Chuck and will do it again, but since everybody here seems to hate Chuck they don't talk about how he knocked Sobral's lights out.

Chuck'll put him to sleep again.

Your're kidding right?

Babalu fought Fedor and went the distance with him, are you saying Chuck is the best in the world and would beat Fedor? Also, Babalu fought Randleman and Chuck did win that fight but in the same aspect, there is no way in hell Chuck would beat Shogun. Most of Babalu's losses are to wrestlers: Randleman, Dana Henderson and Fedor (though is a different type of animal). I'm not sure Chuck would even beat Dan Henderson even giving up about 30 lbs to Chuck as Chuck comes into his fights heavy but look at what Henderson did to the heavier Babalu and the heavier and #2 ranked fighter in the world Big Nog not to mention it was done in the same night.

Babalu has faced just as difficult competition as Chuck and IMO Babalu's victory over Shogun and his going the distance with the #1 ranked fifhter on the planet is more impressive than anything Chuck has ever accomplished in MMA as Chcuk would not be able to make that same claim against those fighters as they are world class strikers and not the usual Chuck opponets, "wrestlers" and "grapplers".

Dana White has been playing politician for a few years now as they have been building up the UFC. If you look at Chuck's fight history since he became this hyped UFC hero he has only faced wrestlers and grapplers.

First you have the Ortiz fight which Tito had fights in a period of over 2.5 years, no surprise he lost both fights as if you are not actively fighting, you are not actively training (in most cases). Then he fights Vernon White who has an MMA record of 24-27... Why was this man fighting Chuck in the first place? Then he has that beautifull eye gouge victory over Couture, then onto his fight against Horn which should not have taken place but again the UFC polits of Dana White as Horn was more well known than Babalu and lets see... Babalu was on an 8 fight win streak with wins over Prangly, Shogun, Pele and WAIT: Jeremy Horn! So how is it that Horn got the title shot and not Babalu?

Now that Babalu is on a 10 fight win streak the true MMA fans that follow the sport are raising their eyebrows at what exactly is going on in the UFC so to not enduce further speculation they have to give Babalu the title shot.

Regardless of the outcome of the fight the Silva fight will still take place as there is so much hype on that fight and the card looks insane already as Hughes will be defending the title against St. Pierre and Loiseau vs Swick (obviously not drawing the attention the other 2 fights are but still the first time in I don't know how long that there are going to be at least 3 fights containing worthy fighters) and UFC is expecting to reach the 1 million mark on payperviews ordered so they will definately pay Wanderlei's pride salary of $400,000 for this fight and make around $10 million on that fight alone.

it is good that the WFA is dropping some cash for bigger names, this forces the UFC to no longer force feed us 2 main events and some of the crappiest undercards ever wittnessed in MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    Your're kidding right?

Babalu fought Fedor and went the distance with him, are you saying Chuck is the best in the world and would beat Fedor? Also, Babalu fought Randleman and Chuck did win that fight but in the same aspect, there is no way in hell Chuck would beat Shogun. Most of Babalu's losses are to wrestlers: Randleman, Dana Henderson and Fedor (though is a different type of animal). I'm not sure Chuck would even beat Dan Henderson even giving up about 30 lbs to Chuck as Chuck comes into his fights heavy but look at what Henderson did to the heavier Babalu and the heavier and #2 ranked fighter in the world Big Nog not to mention it was done in the same night.

Babalu has faced just as difficult competition as Chuck and IMO Babalu's victory over Shogun and his going the distance with the #1 ranked fifhter on the planet is more impressive than anything Chuck has ever accomplished in MMA as Chcuk would not be able to make that same claim against those fighters as they are world class strikers and not the usual Chuck opponets, "wrestlers" and "grapplers".

Dana White has been playing politician for a few years now as they have been building up the UFC. If you look at Chuck's fight history since he became this hyped UFC hero he has only faced wrestlers and grapplers.

First you have the Ortiz fight which Tito had fights in a period of over 2.5 years, no surprise he lost both fights as if you are not actively fighting, you are not actively training (in most cases). Then he fights Vernon White who has an MMA record of 24-27... Why was this man fighting Chuck in the first place? Then he has that beautifull eye gouge victory over Couture, then onto his fight against Horn which should not have taken place but again the UFC polits of Dana White as Horn was more well known than Babalu and lets see... Babalu was on an 8 fight win streak with wins over Prangly, Shogun, Pele and WAIT: Jeremy Horn! So how is it that Horn got the title shot and not Babalu?

Now that Babalu is on a 10 fight win streak the true MMA fans that follow the sport are raising their eyebrows at what exactly is going on in the UFC so to not enduce further speculation they have to give Babalu the title shot.

Regardless of the outcome of the fight the Silva fight will still take place as there is so much hype on that fight and the card looks insane already as Hughes will be defending the title against St. Pierre and Loiseau vs Swick (obviously not drawing the attention the other 2 fights are but still the first time in I don't know how long that there are going to be at least 3 fights containing worthy fighters) and UFC is expecting to reach the 1 million mark on payperviews ordered so they will definately pay Wanderlei's pride salary of $400,000 for this fight and make around $10 million on that fight alone.

it is good that the WFA is dropping some cash for bigger names, this forces the UFC to no longer force feed us 2 main events and some of the crappiest undercards ever wittnessed in MMA.
    I don't agree with some of what you said ,but I really like the way you said it.With that being said it's like you said Babalu has fought a lot of wrestlers who want the fight on the ground whick plays into Babalu's hands b/c he's a submission expert.Chuck is a guy with great wrestling ability who will keep the fight on the feet.Babalu doesn't have a very good chance of beating Chuck.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

Quote Originally Posted by paul
    i got chuck by ko at 3:19 round one and babalu waking up at around 3:30 of the round looking at the roof like what the fuck again damn
    whooo thats funny.

Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    Your're kidding right?

well put.

Quote Originally Posted by marco47
    Does Babalu have a chance to beat Liddell? I think he does. Babalu is a big underdog but he has won his last 10 fights without anybody really noticing. If he could ever get liddell on his back, i wouldn't be surprised if he takes the belt. Also, if Babalu wins, should Wand fight him in november and have tito and chuck fight in their long-awaited rematch? Or have liddel fight Babalu in a rubber match? Then we could see tito vs. W. silva for a number one contendership match? What do ya'll think?
    man, i think any of those 4 fighting each other would be exciting. As for liddell vs babalu coming up, i think liddell is going to have his hands full.

Thread Information