Poll: Who win this fight?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Karo Parisyan vs Bj Penn (WW Division)

Thumbs up Karo Parisyan vs Bj Penn (WW Division)

The Heat vs The Prodigy...Who would win???

im biased cuz im Armenian. gotta go with Karo.

edit: actually, regardless of being biased i think Karo can take Penn to a decision for sure. i dont think Penn can TKO Karo and i dont think he can submit Karo either. it's going to matter on who's the most aggressive and who's controlling the fight.

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

prodigy by decision. hes better then Karo on the ground, cleaner standing up, and a better wrestler, with too good of balance to get thrown constantly
    Favorites
    HW: Cro Cop | Barnett | Gonzaga
    LHW: Rampage| Shogun
    MW: KANG | Sakuraba | Spider Silva | Baroni | Akiyama
    WW: Thiago Alves | GSP | Mach
    LW: Gomi | BJ Penn | Aoki | Jamie Varner reppin' AZCS | DIDA
    FW: KID

9-7 in sig/av bets

I have wanted to see this fight forever. And now it looks like it would be even better with Karo's improved stand-up. I think Karo's style just offers too many problems with Penn's style. There is no such thing as takedown defense when it comes to Judo throws. As good as Penn's balance is he would get tossed and dropped on his head. Karo's ground game is good enough to handle Penn's. This would be a razor close fight and I say Karo wins via split decision as Penn gassed in the 3rd and gets dropped on his head a couple of times.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Lightbulb

I wanted to see this fight either...Bj is more experience fighter than Karo, he is much better striker and also dangerous on the ground like Karo...he might win this by decision as long Bj dont gas up quick, but if that happen he might lose to Karo by decision too...this is also a close fight to me.

Penn has experience in Judo, hes got good takedown defense, his BJJ surpasses Karos, and hes a better striker only thing holding Penn back from beating Karo is his conditioning.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

This would easily be a fight of the year contender no matter when/if it happens. Close, but I think BJ edges a decision. I love both guys, but BJ has the edge on the ground and that's where this fight would be won.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore
    I have wanted to see this fight forever. And now it looks like it would be even better with Karo's improved stand-up. I think Karo's style just offers too many problems with Penn's style. There is no such thing as takedown defense when it comes to Judo throws. As good as Penn's balance is he would get tossed and dropped on his head. Karo's ground game is good enough to handle Penn's. This would be a razor close fight and I say Karo wins via split decision as Penn gassed in the 3rd and gets dropped on his head a couple of times.

agree 100%

you can prevent Judo throws. its called using Greco and/or judo. defend the over under by using your own, or using wrestling

burkman defended all of Karo's takedowns except for one.
    Favorites
    HW: Cro Cop | Barnett | Gonzaga
    LHW: Rampage| Shogun
    MW: KANG | Sakuraba | Spider Silva | Baroni | Akiyama
    WW: Thiago Alves | GSP | Mach
    LW: Gomi | BJ Penn | Aoki | Jamie Varner reppin' AZCS | DIDA
    FW: KID

9-7 in sig/av bets

Quote Originally Posted by AJL416AZ
    burkman defended all of Karo's takedowns except for one.
    And that one was purty...

I don't think anyone @WW can beat BJ standing, so it would go to the ground and BJ would have Karo in a lot of trouble.

I would take BJ in this one, it would be a battle though.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information