Poll: Who win this fight?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Karo Parisyan vs Bj Penn (WW Division)

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Penn has experience in Judo, hes got good takedown defense, his BJJ surpasses Karos, and hes a better striker only thing holding Penn back from beating Karo is his conditioning.

    exactly..if bj comes in ready he'l win the fight by decision maybe even a subb but if he comes in like he did against hughes and gsp he'l be wore down and karo will win by decision...

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJL416AZ
    you can prevent Judo throws. its called using Greco and/or judo. defend the over under by using your own, or using wrestling

    burkman defended all of Karo's takedowns except for one.
    Diego did the same to Karo, that seems to happen to Karo often.. I remember Kevin Randleman not being able to defend all of Nakamura's judo throws and Nakamura won the fight basically off of that and because Randleman couldnt keep Nakamura on the ground and even ended up on his back.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJL416AZ
    you can prevent Judo throws. its called using Greco and/or judo. defend the over under by using your own, or using wrestling

    burkman defended all of Karo's takedowns except for one.
    Karo didn't go for too many throws with Burkman, and he actually tossed him twices. One throw was when he went for the kimura.

    Karo has been known to throw Randy Couture in their training same with Barrent. As good as BJ's wrestling is, it is not to the level of Couture so I am pretty sure Karo could toss Penn.

    Judo is a different beast then wrestling. I had a kid from Germany on my wrestling team that has done Judo for years. As a first year kid he tossed everyone on the team, including the coaches once or twice. This was a 15 year old kid tossing a 30 year old Div 1 all american. So like I said, there is no such thing as takedown defense when it comes to Judo.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Diego did the same to Karo, that seems to happen to Karo often.. I remember Kevin Randleman not being able to defend all of Nakamura's judo throws and Nakamura won the fight basically off of that and because Randleman couldnt keep Nakamura on the ground and even ended up on his back.
    Diego got thrown a lot by Karo, he just recovered very well.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masscore
    Karo didn't go for too many throws with Burkman, and he actually tossed him twices. One throw was when he went for the kimura.

    Karo has been known to throw Randy Couture in their training same with Barrent. As good as BJ's wrestling is, it is not to the level of Couture so I am pretty sure Karo could toss Penn.

    Judo is a different beast then wrestling. I had a kid from Germany on my wrestling team that has done Judo for years. As a first year kid he tossed everyone on the team, including the coaches once or twice. This was a 15 year old kid tossing a 30 year old Div 1 all american. So like I said, there is no such thing as takedown defense when it comes to Judo.
    Ya im sure Penns wrestling isnt on Coutures level, but at the same time im sure Coutures Judo isnt on Penns level ya know.. Penn does have Judo experience and that would help him vs Karo when you combine the whole package of wrestling, Judo, BJJ, striking.. Penns only downfall in this fight would be his cardio but damn isnt that his only downfall in every fight? but vs a guy like Karo who really hasnt been a finisher lately I dont see it presenting a Hughes or GSP type of problem.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    What's with all the talk about Karo outlasting Penn? The only time Penn really gassed was against Pulver, and it wasn't as bad as when Karo got mauled in the thirrd round by Diego.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    5,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio
    What's with all the talk about Karo outlasting Penn? The only time Penn really gassed was against Pulver, and it wasn't as bad as when Karo got mauled in the thirrd round by Diego.

    Because people are under the misconception that BJ gassed in the Hughes fight when really he had a broken rib. Some people also say he gassed in the GSP fight..but I don't agree.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio
    What's with all the talk about Karo outlasting Penn? The only time Penn really gassed was against Pulver, and it wasn't as bad as when Karo got mauled in the thirrd round by Diego.
    except he gassed against gsp too...and with hughes...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockx
    Because people are under the misconception that BJ gassed in the Hughes fight when really he had a broken rib. Some people also say he gassed in the GSP fight..but I don't agree.
    I believe he gassed vs GSP, but not Hughes who the fuck gasses like that? he was clearly injured. Unless you can show me another fighter that goes from normal to gassed in an instance I dont believe for one minute that Penn gassed vs Hughes.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    5,110

    Default

    I think he definitely slowed down against GSP, to the point where he couldn't block the takedowns. However, he was still very active in that fight. He had GSP in multiple sub attempts in the 2 and 3rd.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •