Thread: Jens Pulver vs Urijah Faber

Default Jens Pulver vs Urijah Faber

With Jens now saying he is dropping to 145 and moving to the WEC he seems to be on a collision course with the FW champ Urijah Faber. Who do you got winning that fight?

id go with Faber, but im really not sure. im not sold on Faber's standup, especially for a guy like Jens, who has been KOd before at 155, but has some fuckin' dynamite
    Favorites
    HW: Cro Cop | Barnett | Gonzaga
    LHW: Rampage| Shogun
    MW: KANG | Sakuraba | Spider Silva | Baroni | Akiyama
    WW: Thiago Alves | GSP | Mach
    LW: Gomi | BJ Penn | Aoki | Jamie Varner reppin' AZCS | DIDA
    FW: KID

9-7 in sig/av bets

im going with Faber too, Jens Pulver has that famous punchers chance in any fight hes been in and he is a solid wrestler, but Faber is a better wrestler with better BJJ I think style wise he can win this match if he doesnt get caught.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Pulver's power should allow him to run through the entire division. His experience should be enough to get him to a title shot unscathed. Once he gets in there with Faber (at least the first in the first fight) I think Jens puts it all together and wins by being the better tactical fighter (I can't beleive I just called Pulver tactical). I think Jens can keep Faber from getting off and will be able to land single shots at a time until he drops Faber and then smashes him.
    CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.

I sure hope jens doesnt get an imediate title shot after losing to BJ, cuz there is a good chance he will lose to Urijah

I'd take Faber, as long as he picks his shots, controls the pace, he can get the fight where he wants it and win a decision.

Malice Guest

I gotta go Jens in this fight, Faber is awesome, but he was getting handled by a nobody in his last fight until he got that choke in.

Jens by TKO in 2.

Thread Information