View Poll Results: Who win this fight?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sobral

11 61.11%
  • Belfort

7 38.89%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Renato Sobral vs Vitor Belfort (At 205)

Warchief Guest

Thumbs up Renato Sobral vs Vitor Belfort (At 205)

The Phenom againts Babalu at 205...Who would win???

Sobral wins this one. Belfort is washed up. And no Sobral is not also washed up despite back to back loses. Liddell is a bad match up for him and he just got caught with Lambert.

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thelegendrvb
    Sobral wins this one. Belfort is washed up. And no Sobral is not also washed up despite back to back loses. Liddell is a bad match up for him and he just got caught with Lambert.
    Belfort beats his ass bad, and I don't think Liddell is a bad match up at all. Anyone will get KOed if they just come running in throwing knees with their head down are just run in flailing away like a windmill with their head down.

Babalu is just stupid, plain and simple. Belfort by brutal KO, he hasn't fallen off IMO, I just think the competition is better since he was 19. In fact, I would say Vitor has gotten better and will win a title one day (yes that's a stretch but you never know.)

Vitor has fallen off theres no way that he hasnt, You think Overeem is really better comp since he wa 19? he should of beaten Overeem both times, you cant be the same fighter you once were when you have a tragic event happen to you like the one that happened to Vitor, not in this sport.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    Belfort beats his ass bad, and I don't think Liddell is a bad match up at all. Anyone will get KOed if they just come running in throwing knees with their head down are just run in flailing away like a windmill with their head down.

Babalu is just stupid, plain and simple. Belfort by brutal KO, he hasn't fallen off IMO, I just think the competition is better since he was 19. In fact, I would say Vitor has gotten better and will win a title one day (yes that's a stretch but you never know.)
    Belfort has no heart and really does not like to fight. He just likes to win. And yes Liddell is a bad match up for Sobral bc Sobral can't out strike him and he can't take him down and keep him their. But you are right about the running in swinging like a jackass. That was just plain stupid.

Sobral via UD.

If Sobral ever fought liek he should in MMA, he could of been able to outstrike Liddell.. he was a MT Champ.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Babalu makes Vitor his bitch.
    Vitor was never that great. the only reason people know it now is because the opposition now isn't gonna get knocked the fuck out in 2 minutes, and Vitor isn't so juiced that the shit is coming out of his pores.
    Vitor doesn't have the heart to keep fighting if he doesnt win in the first. if he fights people below the top 20 or 30, he'll undoubtedly KO them in the first. but anybody good, he will most likely lose a decision to
    Favorites
    HW: Cro Cop | Barnett | Gonzaga
    LHW: Rampage| Shogun
    MW: KANG | Sakuraba | Spider Silva | Baroni | Akiyama
    WW: Thiago Alves | GSP | Mach
    LW: Gomi | BJ Penn | Aoki | Jamie Varner reppin' AZCS | DIDA
    FW: KID

9-7 in sig/av bets

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Vitor has fallen off theres no way that he hasnt, You think Overeem is really better comp since he wa 19? he should of beaten Overeem both times, you cant be the same fighter you once were when you have a tragic event happen to you like the one that happened to Vitor, not in this sport.
    I've always said I don't believe that has effected his fighting much, especially now. I don't think it's fair for everybody to assume his mentality is still hampering him, if it ever did, in his fights. I think he would know better than anyone else. I'm just really tired of that excuse.

I just think Overeem is a better fighter. He has better striking and Belfort's BJJ was never really that good IMO. Black belt or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    If Sobral ever fought liek he should in MMA, he could of been able to outstrike Liddell.. he was a MT Champ.
    Maybe or maybe he would still have gotten KO'ed. Sobrals stand up is ok but imo he would have eventually gotten caught even if he came in with a smarter game plan the second time around.

Warchief Guest

I also believe Sobral would win this...he is like a dog, once he smell your weaknesses like vitor have...you're done, but if this the good old Phenom Belvort...This would be a terrible match up for Sobral, he will going to sleep to the canvas for sure.

Thread Information