Poll: Who win this fight?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Renato Sobral vs Vitor Belfort (At 205)

Vitor was a black belt and competed in ADCC where he went 4-2, he had very good BJJ and he was powerful and fast with his hands.. Overeem was a better striker, but Vitor was more powerful, better wrestler, better BJJ yet Overeem beat him twice.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Vitor is not already in his prime (mentally) that time...when he fought Overeem.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Vitor was a black belt and competed in ADCC where he went 4-2, he had very good BJJ and he was powerful and fast with his hands.. Overeem was a better striker, but Vitor was more powerful, better wrestler, better BJJ yet Overeem beat him twice.
    Just tells me Vitor sucks but I just don't think tragity had anything to do with it.

I still think he's good enough to kick Sobral's ass. Sobral sucks balls (don't mean that literally)!

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    Just tells me Vitor sucks but I just don't think tragity had anything to do with it.

I still think he's good enough to kick Sobral's ass. Sobral sucks balls!
    Sobral doesnt suck though, hes just another Vitor only with a better career

neither lived up to there potential, but Vitors heart was always questioned.. then comes the tragedy that had to of added to it, I think Sobral beats him and Overeem.. you gotta remember Overeem has NO gas tank and Vitor wasnt able to put him away.

Just remember the Chuck fight, Chuck was able to knock him out after Overeem gassed, you gotta wonder why Vitor wasnt able to do the same considering Vitor is faster then Chuck, and can probably amount a lot more punishment.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Sobral doesnt suck though, hes just another Vitor only with a better career

neither lived up to there potential, but Vitors heart was always questioned.. then comes the tragedy that had to of added to it, I think Sobral beats him and Overeem.. you gotta remember Overeem has NO gas tank and Vitor wasnt able to put him away.

Just remember the Chuck fight, Chuck was able to knock him out after Overeem gassed, you gotta wonder why Vitor wasnt able to do the same considering Vitor is faster then Chuck, and can probably amount a lot more punishment.
    Styles make fights.

Styles make fights.
    exactly, and Sobral eclipses Vitor in every category except striking.

sobral by figure 4 leg lock

Quote Originally Posted by thelegendrvb
    Sobral wins this one. Belfort is washed up. And no Sobral is not also washed up despite back to back loses. Liddell is a bad match up for him and he just got caught with Lambert.
    Belfort is washed up? The guy is 30...

I've always said I don't believe that has effected his fighting much, especially now. I don't think it's fair for everybody to assume his mentality is still hampering him, if it ever did, in his fights. I think he would know better than anyone else. I'm just really tired of that excuse.

I just think Overeem is a better fighter. He has better striking and Belfort's BJJ was never really that good IMO. Black belt or not.
    this imo i correct....belfort was always on and off...his sis was kidnapped in early 04...but even his fights beofre that he had no heart..like against chuck in 02...or even in 97 against couture...hes just not that great...

imo babalu is very good...liddell is a bad match for him and he was dumb in his last fight...babalu beats vitor by decision imo...

Looking at babalu's skills he should beat vitor, hell he should beat anyone at 205. But babalu is kind of like vitor where he has a bunch of talent but something doesnt click, I think it is becuase he is a dumb fighter and thats why he will get KO'd by people with worse striking then him

Babalu by sub

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information