View Poll Results: Who win this fight?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sobral

11 61.11%
  • Belfort

7 38.89%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Renato Sobral vs Vitor Belfort (At 205)

I think Vitor would take this one. Babalu looked like an absolute pile of shit in his last fight. He threw every kick with his hands at his waist, and I knew from the first one he threw that if he kept doing them like that, he would get caught and sure enough he got put to sleep. The same thing would happen if he fought Belfort. If he dropped his hands like that with Vitor, he would be met with about 16 shots to the face in about 5 seconds....even from the washed up Vitor. Vitor's boxing is too technical and he has good enough BJJ to cancel out Sobral's. They are pretty similar in skill sets, but I think Vitor could pull this one off for sure.

Abashed the Devil stood and felt how awful goodness is...

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_Deezy
    I think Vitor would take this one. Babalu looked like an absolute pile of shit in his last fight. He threw every kick with his hands at his waist, and I knew from the first one he threw that if he kept doing them like that, he would get caught and sure enough he got put to sleep. The same thing would happen if he fought Belfort. If he dropped his hands like that with Vitor, he would be met with about 16 shots to the face in about 5 seconds....even from the washed up Vitor. Vitor's boxing is too technical and he has good enough BJJ to cancel out Sobral's. They are pretty similar in skill sets, but I think Vitor could pull this one off for sure.
    Couldn't have said it better.

I do not much care for Vitor, but to say he wont come back mentally is something no one can say. Maybe tomorrow is the day he wakes up and has the drive to do something he never has done before. Like I said i don't really think much of Vitor but i think he looked good in his last fight.

Renato isn't going to sub Vitor. He couldn't sub Randleman but yet your going to make me believe he is going to sub Vitor lol. He couldn't finish Elvis but I'm suppose to think he is going to finish Vitor, nope. Vitor is to good for that. Renato is over rated, he went to a dec with Fedor in a fight were they couldn't strike or strike on the ground or something like that. Bravo you went to a ADCC type match with Fedor good for you, kudos. He beat a very new to the game Shogun, bet you he couldn't do it again. People talk about how good Renato is, i say bullshit. He has beaten a lot of low level fighters, yes he has some good wins, but I don't think beating Horn, Wuiff, Elvis, Arsdale really count as big wins. I would say his biggest win is against a young Shogun, but a win is still a win. Renato is very over rated.

Vitor by nasty KO

Vitor was sub'd by Overeem...
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Vitor was sub'd by Overeem...
    Allistair has a very good guillotine choke...that's one of his strongest techniques.

Abashed the Devil stood and felt how awful goodness is...

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_Deezy
    Allistair has a very good guillotine choke...that's one of his strongest techniques.
    Still, Babalu's sub game >>>>>>>>> Allistairs
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Punk Ass Guest

Still, Babalu's sub game >>>>>>>>> Allistairs
    Accually, I think Overeem would beat Babalu's ass. Ground game maybe better but I just have little respect for him.

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    Accually, I think Overeem would beat Babalu's ass. Ground game maybe better but I just have little respect for him.
    Unless Overeem TKOs him in the first 2 mins of the fight I doubt it, in fact considering Babalus wrestling and sub game is better.. I would put my money on Babalu, theres a reason why in 34 fights Allistair has only gone to 4 decisions.

Unless Overeem TKOs him in the first 2 mins of the fight I doubt it, in fact considering Babalus wrestling and sub game is better.. I would put my money on Babalu, theres a reason why in 34 fights Allistair has only gone to 4 decisions.

couldnt have said it better....babalu would beat both vitor and overeem...

with vitor, babalu is just better than him..on the ground, his wrestling, his bjj and close in stand up other than hand speed...babalu takes it by decision...

and with overeem, babalu takes the early attack and mops overeem then subbs him late 1st round...

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKtheCHAMP
    couldnt have said it better....babalu would beat both vitor and overeem...

with vitor, babalu is just better than him..on the ground, his wrestling, his bjj and close in stand up other than hand speed...babalu takes it by decision...

and with overeem, babalu takes the early attack and mops overeem then subbs him late 1st round...

Renatos stand up is not close to Vitor's. Vitor would knock the hell out of him. He was gassed as hell against Lambert. What do you think happens when he gasses against Vitor, he will get knocked out.

Thread Information