Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour: Diego Sanchez vs. Sakurai

Hybrid View

Default Rumour: Diego Sanchez vs. Sakurai

This is just a rumour at this point but it sounds like there might be something to it. Apparently a local radio station made the initial report.

Quotes from posts on Sherdog:

Quote Originally Posted by new_mexico1
    My thread earlier got sent to the wasteland since I didn't have a source but I just called the KRQE newsroom and they told me Diego Sanchez's opponent is Hayato Sakurai. If you don't believe me call . Ask about the Diego sanchez story that ran last night at 10 o'clock. It doesn't mean it's legit, but it does show I was telling the truth about the newscast saying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorne
    I called because I have nothing else to do, but this is 100% legit. Hopefully the Sherdog faithful will see my join date and have a little faith.

I spoke to Monica Lopez, who I'm not sure is in their sports department but (she) confirmed that Diego Sanchez is indeed, fighting Hayato 'Mach' Sakurai. Take that for what it's worth people.
    Quote Originally Posted by new_mexico1
    The sports director, Van Tate, actually e-mailed me back and said Diego is the one who told him about the fight and that he would try to get them to post the info on the site.
    http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=582875

I hope this happens.

Diego has a fair chance but Mach will win and it will hurt for diego

I didn't hear of his signing -- and that would be big news. I'm assuming this is rumored to be in the octagon. Wow. R.I.P. Sanchez.

A little MMA math for you guys:

Diego + Sakurai = Diego 19-2

Favorite recent dumbass comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by LebenTysonTank
    My opinion is Arlovski is the best HW the world,but Randy stands a chance in a fight with Fedor to,I don't give a fuck what anybody says.

I still believe in "The Truth"

*1 - 2 in sig/av bets*

i hope this happens. Sakurai's muay thai and judo skills need to be showcased on Sanchez.

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

Well it wont be Diego's first loss, but it'll be the first time he gets knocked out.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

how soon is this fight supposed to happen?

Diego is coming off a really bad staff infection....

But yeah. he will get KTFO.

its interesting hopefully it happens

Sakurai will own diego. I was soooo disappointed with his performance in the Kos fight.
    2009 YEAR OF SHOGUN!!!

WAR FOR LIFE!
    Shogun, Cro Cop, BJ Penn, Rampage, Mayhem, Nick Diaz, Wandy, Tito, Fedor, Big Nog, Babalu!

if diego reverts back to his old intense, wrestling, gnp and submissions self then he takes this.

Thread Information