Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 141

Thread: Rumour: Diego Sanchez vs. Sakurai

  1. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Gomi didnt get his ass handed to him, he lost the fight.. it was too close to say anyone got there ass handed to him, that first round was one of the best rounds of that year if not, the best. He gassed and Diaz took over, but I wouldnt say any fighter got there ass handed to him if the result was switched.

    Either way, Diego is a tough fighter but lets just say they both come in with there A games.. what advantage does Diego really have in this fight? if he strikes with Sakurai he is asking for trouble, on the ground.. I dont give Diego's JJ a good chance vs someone who has sub'd Ricco Rodriguez, and placed 2nd in open weight in ADCC. Hes got distinct edges in this fight, Diego is good.. but losing to one of the best fighters in the world? no ones gonna sit here and make fun of him like some did when he losed to Koscheck, losing to Sakurai is completely different.

    If the P4P list stretched out, Sakurai would probably be at 11 or 12

    ohh like i said i agree sakurai will win...but if sakurai doesnt come in 100% ready it could be a though night fior him cuz diego is non stop when hes on...but yes imo sakurai will win whereever the fight goes...

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palma Wrestler
    Who is a better athlete in MMA then Koscheck?
    GSP comes to mind.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Ya and the thing is Sakurai rarely comes in at 100%

    but his only two loses at WW were to Shields and Hughes.. Hughes in his prime no less and Hughes is a colleigate All-american wrestler with a good enough sub game to atleast survive one fight against Sakurai and his caliber of grappling on top of that hes a master gameplanner, and Shields is a collegiate wrestler, 3rd place in ADCC, BJJ Black Belt, trained with the best ever since he got into MMA

    Diego is a black belt in Greg Jackson JJ, hes a HS wrestler, hes powerful but so is Sakurai, and after you get outstruck by Koscheck.. you dont wanna try and strike with Sakurai. So I can see why people are unanimously picking Sakurai to win.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKtheCHAMP
    diaz just mopped gomi bro...diaz is top of the food chain..its just strong wrestlers are a bad match up for him...

    and just for a little fun...if diaz mopped gomi hard, and gomi koed sakurai, and diaz lost to diego, wouldnt that mean diego beat sakurai??i mean its mma math but i dont see y people are counting out diego..
    You're deusional, Gomi came out and immediately took Diaz down. Passed guard to sidemount, had Diaz' back, had north and south, landed gnp. The fight stood back up, Gomi dropped Diaz with a huge punch, landed more gnp, passed to side mount againa nd had Diaz back AGIAN. The fight stood back up and Gomi was gassed. He was still landing on Diaz and Diaz was landing on him. Gomi was just dominant the first 4:15 seconds of the fight, Diaz was dominant the last 45 seconds so Gomi still wins the first round due to the takedown, gnp, passing of the guard to sidemount, north & south, getting Diaz back, the knockdown punch and the gnp again. Diaz landed punches but no takedowns, no knockdowns, etc. Clearly round 1 goes to Gomi. I can't see how anyone can honestly and nuetrally score that round any other way.

    Here is the link to the fight, please rewatch it and see if your opinion still remains and explain why Diaz wins round 1 and mopped Gomi as you said.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j5V4JGLNSY

    Round 2 Gomi is still gassed, Diaz comes out and is throwing but Gomi is blocking well, they are both trowing again, Gomis is still gassed, Diaz starts to land short hooks and jabs then comes in and eats a slicing left hook that busts Diaz cheek apart nastily. Ref pasues the fight to get Diaz checked out, fight continues, Gomi is gassed but again, is still landing punches as is Diaz, ref stops it again and then immediately restarts, gomi shoots in, gets the takedown and then gets Gogo'ed.

    In round 2, Gomi is already really gassed, but watch the punches Diaz is throwing, not that many are landing but they ALL look like they are becasue even the punches Gomi blocks still move him and his head is bouncing around like a boble head doll, not because all of Diaz' punches are landing but because Gomi is gassed and when he blocks a punch or a high kick at that point, ot moves his entire body and his hed because it was all jello at that point.

    Up until the sub took place, UFC rules or PRIDE rules Gomi was ahead in the fight. UFC=10 point must system and Gomi dominanted roudn 1 and round 2 was very even up until the sub. PRIDE rules = damage and performance, Gomi dominated 4:15 of round 1 and roudn 2 was even, Diaz ends up with 8 stitches under each eye and one of the nastiest gashes and mouses I've seen in sometime.

    Diaz post fight interview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKaPiOde7-Q

    He will lift the sunglasses and reveal "The Eye".

    Gomi's post fight interview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9PqaSw1fqc

    Definately a phenomenal fight but if anyone dominated it was clearly Gomi.

    And I never saw Diaz as a great WW (certainly good but not great), he is a great LW because of his size and length, it will cause problems for LW's, jabs are very effective.

    EDIT: To add, I know the term "dominant" can be conceived a number of ways and with the shifty rules being the point system it is difficult to deliberate what warrants an awarded round or decision sometimes.

    Diaz did give up his back purposely in the fight the second time but the side mount was earned by Gomi, as was the north & south as that was a result of a failed Kimura. Diaz went for a sub, does he get points for that if it was a failed attmept? He then juped & rolled into an armbar attempt that failed and it left him in north & south position and Gomi succeeded in landing 2-3 punches to the face while in north & south.

    To me Gomi came out of that exchange getting the better of Diaz as he shrugged off 2 sub attempts, earning his north & south positioning and landed punches while his opponent was in a vulnerable posision.
    Last edited by dagreat1; 06-09-2007 at 01:04 AM.


    Dana White - "Fedor is a farce"
    Fedor - Destroys Sylvia in 36 seconds
    EMELIANENKOWNED!

  5. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    You're deusional, Gomi came out and immediately took Diaz down. Passed guard to sidemount, had Diaz' back, had north and south, landed gnp. The fight stood back up, Gomi dropped Diaz with a huge punch, landed more gnp, passed to side mount againa nd had Diaz back AGIAN. The fight stood back up and Gomi was gassed. He was still landing on Diaz and Diaz was landing on him. Gomi was just dominant the first 4:15 seconds of the fight, Diaz was dominant the last 45 seconds so Gomi still wins the first round due to the takedown, gnp, passing of the guard to sidemount, north & south, getting Diaz back, the knockdown punch and the gnp again. Diaz landed punches but no takedowns, no knockdowns, etc. Clearly round 1 goes to Gomi. I can't see how anyone can honestly and nuetrally score that round any other way.

    Here is the link to the fight, please rewatch it and see if your opinion still remains and explain why Diaz wins round 1 and mopped Gomi as you said.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j5V4JGLNSY

    Round 2 Gomi is still gassed, Diaz comes out and is throwing but Gomi is blocking well, they are both trowing again, Gomis is still gassed, Diaz starts to land short hooks and jabs then comes in and eats a slicing left hook that busts Diaz cheek apart nastily. Ref pasues the fight to get Diaz checked out, fight continues, Gomi is gassed but again, is still landing punches as is Diaz, ref stops it again and then immediately restarts, gomi shoots in, gets the takedown and then gets Gogo'ed.

    In round 2, Gomi is already really gassed, but watch the punches Diaz is throwing, not that many are landing but they ALL look like they are becasue even the punches Gomi blocks still move him and his head is bouncing around like a boble head doll, not because all of Diaz' punches are landing but because Gomi is gassed and when he blocks a punch or a high kick at that point, ot moves his entire body and his hed because it was all jello at that point.

    Up until the sub took place, UFC rules or PRIDE rules Gomi was ahead in the fight. UFC=10 point must system and Gomi dominanted roudn 1 and round 2 was very even up until the sub. PRIDE rules = damage and performance, Gomi dominated 4:15 of round 1 and roudn 2 was even, Diaz ends up with 8 stitches under each eye and one of the nastiest gashes and mouses I've seen in sometime.

    Diaz post fight interview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKaPiOde7-Q

    He will lift the sunglasses and reveal "The Eye".

    Gomi's post fight interview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9PqaSw1fqc

    Definately a phenomenal fight but if anyone dominated it was clearly Gomi.

    And I never saw Diaz as a great WW (certainly good but not great), he is a great LW because of his size and length, it will cause problems for LW's, jabs are very effective.

    dude!@!!!! if you read the post after that...i clear up that i was overexaggerating...damn....lol

  6. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Ya and the thing is Sakurai rarely comes in at 100%

    but his only two loses at WW were to Shields and Hughes.. Hughes in his prime no less and Hughes is a colleigate All-american wrestler with a good enough sub game to atleast survive one fight against Sakurai and his caliber of grappling on top of that hes a master gameplanner, and Shields is a collegiate wrestler, 3rd place in ADCC, BJJ Black Belt, trained with the best ever since he got into MMA

    Diego is a black belt in Greg Jackson JJ, hes a HS wrestler, hes powerful but so is Sakurai, and after you get outstruck by Koscheck.. you dont wanna try and strike with Sakurai. So I can see why people are unanimously picking Sakurai to win.
    yeah sakurai would mop diego on the feet..

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKtheCHAMP
    dude!@!!!! if you read the post after that...i clear up that i was overexaggerating...damn....lol
    Yes and I am saying that you were more than over exaggerrating, I think you have it wrong and Gomi was winning the fight up until the gogo.

    In a perfect world everyone would see things my way... Seriously though, I am open to opinion and am just trying to hear where people are coming from (In detail) as to how they think Diaz was dominanting the fight because I am having difficulties seing this.
    Last edited by dagreat1; 06-09-2007 at 01:10 AM.


    Dana White - "Fedor is a farce"
    Fedor - Destroys Sylvia in 36 seconds
    EMELIANENKOWNED!

  8. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    Yes and I am saying that you were more than over exaggerrating, I think you have it wrong and Gomi was winning the fight up until the gogo.
    did you see diaz breaking gomis face with those left rights??? it was a good fight in the first and gomi did wint he first round, but the second round belonged to diaz and he was bashing gomi standing then subbed his ass hard...and didnt get the fuckin belt or the w...

  9. #109
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKtheCHAMP
    did you see diaz breaking gomis face with those left rights??? it was a good fight in the first and gomi did wint he first round, but the second round belonged to diaz and he was bashing gomi standing then subbed his ass hard...and didnt get the fuckin belt or the w...
    He wouldnt of gotten the belt regardless
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  10. #110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    He wouldnt of gotten the belt regardless

    ohh i know that..i was jsut saying....gomi has 2 losses but still has his belt...fuckin lame imo....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •