Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 141

Thread: Rumour: Diego Sanchez vs. Sakurai

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    I hear a lot of that, man I wish I had done wrestling my first 2 years of HS.. all the wrestlers would talk so much shit about how its the hardest sport at the school cuz they gotta piggy back dudes bigger then them up stairs and shit.. I even went to the wrestling matches cuz of that
    The conditioning is intense because the sport is intense. I don't know if you missed out on too much since you boxed. From what I've heard, throwing punches for several minutes will wear you out very quick.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palma Wrestler
    The conditioning is intense because the sport is intense. I don't know if you missed out on too much since you boxed. From what I've heard, throwing punches for several minutes will wear you out very quick.
    ah man.. boxing was hard as shit cuz it was pretty much circuit training, hittin the heavy bag, double end bag, uppercut bag, speed bag, shadowboxing, boxing with dumbells in ur hand, jump ropin, joggin, sprintin, hittin the mits, the combos, the footwork, never droppin ur hands.. man it was still fun though but I tell ya football practice was a lot less exhausting.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    ah man.. boxing was hard as shit cuz it was pretty much circuit training, hittin the heavy bag, double end bag, uppercut bag, speed bag, shadowboxing, boxing with dumbells in ur hand, jump ropin, joggin, sprintin, hittin the mits, the combos, the footwork, never droppin ur hands.. man it was still fun though but I tell ya football practice was a lot less exhausting.
    Football for me was all about getting aclimated to the weight and size of the pads. After that it was pretty easy as far as conditioning.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    4,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate_Deezy
    That picture must have been between the second and third one, because Diego's fly is down in the third.
    eeeeewwwwww. I'm not even going look and see if you are telling the truth or not!

    Favorite recent dumbass comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by LebenTysonTank
    My opinion is Arlovski is the best HW the world,but Randy stands a chance in a fight with Fedor to,I don't give a fuck what anybody says.

    I still believe in "The Truth"


    *1 - 2 in sig/av bets*

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockx

    I just can't stop thinking about how bad Mach got beat by Hughes in the octagon, I mean he was destroyed.

    .
    You are dwelling on a fight that took place over 5 years ago though. Mach is a SLIGHTLY better fighter now than he was 5 years ago. Look at Fedor 5 years ago compared to now (really look at any fighter 5 years ago compared to now, excluding freak accidents and aging fighters), they are all much better now that the sport has evolved and there are far better techniques.
    Last edited by dagreat1; 06-08-2007 at 11:57 PM.


    Dana White - "Fedor is a farce"
    Fedor - Destroys Sylvia in 36 seconds
    EMELIANENKOWNED!

  6. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    Diaz was one of the best WW's? Why is that, because he beat Lawler? pft... He lost to Karo, Diego, RIGGS and Sherk, Diaz was nowhere near the top of the food chain.
    diaz just mopped gomi bro...diaz is top of the food chain..its just strong wrestlers are a bad match up for him...

    and just for a little fun...if diaz mopped gomi hard, and gomi koed sakurai, and diaz lost to diego, wouldnt that mean diego beat sakurai??i mean its mma math but i dont see y people are counting out diego..

  7. #97
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKtheCHAMP
    diaz just mopped gomi bro...diaz is top of the food chain..its just strong wrestlers are a bad match up for him...

    and just for a little fun...if diaz mopped gomi hard, and gomi koed sakurai, and diaz lost to diego, wouldnt that mean diego beat sakurai??i mean its mma math but i dont see y people are counting out diego..
    Maybe because your comparing two different weight classes? and two different styles, and are highly overexaggerating the Gomi/Diaz fight
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  8. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Maybe because your comparing two different weight classes? and two different styles, and are highly overexaggerating the Gomi/Diaz fight
    maybe a little overexaggeration on the diaz gomi fight...but i mean c'mon gomi got his ass handed to him...and like i said the mma math was jsut for fun...

    and i am of the beliefe that if this fight takes place diego will loose but im not counting him completly out like most people here...diego is a tough fighter with great cardio, good wrestling, good gnp, decent hands and is coming back from his first loss...i think diego will come in ready and very well trained...i still think sakurai will take it but if hes not careful diego could find his way to a win by decision...

  9. #99
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKtheCHAMP
    maybe a little overexaggeration on the diaz gomi fight...but i mean c'mon gomi got his ass handed to him...and like i said the mma math was jsut for fun...

    and i am of the beliefe that if this fight takes place diego will loose but im not counting him completly out like most people here...diego is a tough fighter with great cardio, good wrestling, good gnp, decent hands and is coming back from his first loss...i think diego will come in ready and very well trained...i still think sakurai will take it but if hes not careful diego could find his way to a win by decision...
    Gomi didnt get his ass handed to him, he lost the fight.. it was too close to say anyone got there ass handed to him, that first round was one of the best rounds of that year if not, the best. He gassed and Diaz took over, but I wouldnt say any fighter got there ass handed to him if the result was switched.

    Either way, Diego is a tough fighter but lets just say they both come in with there A games.. what advantage does Diego really have in this fight? if he strikes with Sakurai he is asking for trouble, on the ground.. I dont give Diego's JJ a good chance vs someone who has sub'd Ricco Rodriguez, and placed 2nd in open weight in ADCC. Hes got distinct edges in this fight, Diego is good.. but losing to one of the best fighters in the world? no ones gonna sit here and make fun of him like some did when he losed to Koscheck, losing to Sakurai is completely different.

    If the P4P list stretched out, Sakurai would probably be at 11 or 12
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    Gomi didn't get his ass handed to him, and that's coming from someone who doesn't even like Gomi. Look at the cut Diaz hand under his eye, he got fucking wrecked at the start of the fight. For whatever reason Gomi gassed towards the end of round 1 and Nick was able to capitalize. It was a close fight save the last minute and a half of round 1

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •