Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour: Diego Sanchez vs. Sakurai

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKtheCHAMP
    ohh i know that..i was jsut saying....gomi has 2 losses but still has his belt...fuckin lame imo....
    Why wouldnt he still have the belt? did no one watch the 2nd Aurelio fight? lol
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai

yeah i guess you speak the truth...its just lame that happens you know...

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKtheCHAMP
    yeah i guess you speak the truth...its just lame that happens you know...
    Stuff like the first Aurelio fight I dont like cuz the belt shoulda been on the line, I dont understand havign to beat the champ to earn a title fight with the champ lol but at the same time it still proves that nothing is solid in one fight, cuz as we seen Gomi won the rematch.

But when you got situations like the Gomi/Diaz fight where 160 is a catchweight, or the GPs.. theres not much you can do about those situations.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

i truly, sincerely hope that this fight happens, and that Diego takes some sort of shit-talking to heart, and tries to think that Sakurai is gonna go down like Joe Riggs.

Sakurai will do him like he did Olaf standing. and on the ground, Diego won't tap him, wont finish him. he could just punch the mat for a while and win a decision because he looked flashy and stayed on top, but i think Mach could sweep him, can sub him, can stand with him. Diego is gonna get fucked up
    Favorites
    HW: Cro Cop | Barnett | Gonzaga
    LHW: Rampage| Shogun
    MW: KANG | Sakuraba | Spider Silva | Baroni | Akiyama
    WW: Thiago Alves | GSP | Mach
    LW: Gomi | BJ Penn | Aoki | Jamie Varner reppin' AZCS | DIDA
    FW: KID

9-7 in sig/av bets

i really think this is going to be an interesting fight, i give the advantage to Sakurai by far. Although, i doubt dana wuld really want to throw him in their with an animal like Sakurai just coming off his lose, but then again, dana tried getting Forrest in their with Machida after his big loss to Jardne, so you never know.

Diego's an exciting fighter(dunno wut happened in kos fight), and i hope this fight is exciting, could care less who wins.

Stuff like the first Aurelio fight I dont like cuz the belt shoulda been on the line, I dont understand havign to beat the champ to earn a title fight with the champ lol but at the same time it still proves that nothing is solid in one fight, cuz as we seen Gomi won the rematch.

But when you got situations like the Gomi/Diaz fight where 160 is a catchweight, or the GPs.. theres not much you can do about those situations.

yeah the gp's always get to me..like when arona beat wandy..i mean i hate arona but it sux he had to fight again for the title but he got beat...

Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    You're deusional, Gomi came out and immediately took Diaz down. Passed guard to sidemount, had Diaz' back, had north and south, landed gnp. The fight stood back up, Gomi dropped Diaz with a huge punch,

Yeah but you're ignoring that Diaz was outstriking Gomi until he landed that punch.

landed more gnp, passed to side mount againa nd had Diaz back AGIAN.

True, but Diaz had little trouble defending and started to get into position where he could apply something like an armbar or triangle. Diaz was doing pretty well at defending and fighting back. If it was UFC rules than Gomi would've been racking up points, but given it's Pride I think Diaz was doing pretty well from his back.

The fight stood back up and Gomi was gassed. He was still landing on Diaz and Diaz was landing on him.

Yeah but Diaz was clearly landing the cleaner, more accurate and consistent strikes. He rocked Gomi several times the last two minutes of the round. Every time in the fight where they traded, Diaz was outboxing him. Gomi landed the heavier single shots but Diaz's striking technique looked better the whole fight.

Gomi was just dominant the first 4:15 seconds of the fight, Diaz was dominant the last 45 seconds so Gomi still wins the first round due to the takedown, gnp, passing of the guard to sidemount, north & south, getting Diaz back, the knockdown punch and the gnp again. Diaz landed punches but no takedowns, no knockdowns, etc. Clearly round 1 goes to Gomi. I can't see how anyone can honestly and nuetrally score that round any other way.

Actually I'd say Gomi was dominant the first 3 minutes while Diaz was dominant the last 2 minutes. Round should go to Gomi, but Diaz was hardly blown away.

Up until the sub took place, UFC rules or PRIDE rules Gomi was ahead in the fight. UFC=10 point must system and Gomi dominanted roudn 1 and round 2 was very even up until the sub. PRIDE rules = damage and performance, Gomi dominated 4:15 of round 1 and roudn 2 was even, Diaz ends up with 8 stitches under each eye and one of the nastiest gashes and mouses I've seen in sometime.

I don't see how round 2 was even. Diaz was in control the whole time. It was even for damage maybe but Diaz was landing more shots and pressing the action. In UFC terms he'd be winning through "ring generalship" or whatever.

Diaz did give up his back purposely in the fight the second time but the side mount was earned by Gomi, as was the north & south as that was a result of a failed Kimura. Diaz went for a sub, does he get points for that if it was a failed attmept? He then juped & rolled into an armbar attempt that failed and it left him in north & south position and Gomi succeeded in landing 2-3 punches to the face while in north & south.

To me Gomi came out of that exchange getting the better of Diaz as he shrugged off 2 sub attempts, earning his north & south positioning and landed punches while his opponent was in a vulnerable posision.[/B]

I think sub attempts should score points and IMO you underrate Diaz.

The fight between Diaz and Diego was VERY close in terms of damage and hits landed or attempts to finish in my view, with Diaz getting outpointed because he spent too much time on bottom.

Against Karo, IMO Diaz actually won. The fight was very back and forth with positioning and attempts to finish. Karo again won because Nick's wrestling isn't that good and his raw strength level is low for a WW. If you look though, Nick came VERY close to finishing Karo in the second round and aside from that the fight was even.

I haven't seen the Riggs and Sherk fights, but from comparison I think Nick's a more dangerous fighter than either of them. He was one of the best technical strikers at WW and his BJJ game is amazing. The only thing holding him back was the fact that he always spends too much time on the bottom. Because of the UFC's judging system, if he didn't finish a fight he was guaranteed to lose a decision.

I think Diaz has the potential to be a top LW or WW; he just needs to do some weightlifting and incorporate more wrestling into his ground game.
    Last edited by Rufio; 06-08-2007 at 09:06 PM.

Yes and I am saying that you were more than over exaggerrating, I think you have it wrong and Gomi was winning the fight up until the gogo.

In a perfect world everyone would see things my way... Seriously though, I am open to opinion and am just trying to hear where people are coming from (In detail) as to how they think Diaz was dominanting the fight because I am having difficulties seing this.
    Dude when are you getting rid of that avatar? lol

Abashed the Devil stood and felt how awful goodness is...

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_Deezy
    Dude when are you getting rid of that avatar? lol
    It's here to stay, 2007 is the year of the Pig but we must break free of our homophobic ways. John Amaechi and Danny Abadia have come out and Tito Ortiz is just dying to come out as well.

There are definitely some people on here dying to come out too.

Body paint and Astroglide, what a beautiful thing.

Dana White - "Fedor is a farce"
    Fedor - Destroys Sylvia in 36 seconds
    EMELIANENKOWNED!

The 2nd fight was maybe the worst fight I ever saw and should of ended in a draw.

Thread Information