Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour: Diego Sanchez vs. Sakurai

Quote Originally Posted by Rockx
    Woa woa woa...don't be so fast to say Mach beats Diego. Diego is much bigger than Mach and last time Mach was in the UFC he was completely owned by Matt Hughes. Yes I know he is much better now, but Diego has really only had 1 bad match.
    Deigo isnt that much stronger then Mach, Mach cuts like crazy to make 163 and probably is more suited to 170 then any other LW.

I think this fight is about 50/50. It depends on which Diego shows up. If the Diego that fought Riggs, Florian, Diaz, Gassaway, and Karo comes to fight, Sakurai will have his hands full. If the Diego that fought Alessio and Koscheck shows up, then Diego might not walk out of that octagon.

Abashed the Devil stood and felt how awful goodness is...

this could be a really good fight if it happens. hope it is true

piss ant Guest

This will be a great fight.

But after reading some of these comments on the fight, it just go to show how many ignorant MMA fans there are on the internet.

If you don't like Sanchez thats fine, I don't like him either. But to say Sakurai will run over him is just stupid. Sanchez looked spectacular against two of the best WW in the division (Karo, Diaz) and then lost a decision to one of the best over-all athletes in the sport while having a serious staff infection.

Sanchez will over power Sakurai and win by TKO in the third round.

WadoKai Guest

Quote Originally Posted by piss ant

But after reading some of these comments on the fight, it just go to show how many ignorant MMA fans there are on the internet.

If you don't like Sanchez thats fine, I don't like him either. But to say Sakurai will run over him is just stupid. Sanchez looked spectacular against two of the best WW in the division (Karo, Diaz) and then lost a decision to one of the best over-all athletes in the sport while having a serious staff infection.

Sakurai is a showman, and to his credit; he'll make Diego look decent before putting an end to his consciousness at a time that's convenient for him.

A lot of people would say both those bouts with Diego (Karo / Diaz) could've gone either way. Some would say Karo didn't train enough and didn't have the cardio; the implication being that he could half-ass train and give Diego a run for his money.

As for the decision loss to Koscheck; well, that was a horrible enough showing on Diego's part to really overshadow any 'spectacular' performances he may have had.

Sakurai is bad news for anyone at 170; and if Diego didn't overpower and TKO Karo or Diaz, he won't be overpowering and KO'ing Sakurai.

While I think Diego is going to come back angrier and training harder than ever before. If this fight goes down, no amount of pre-fight praying, or snarling, is gonna save him.

usually fighters come back from a bad loss with a big win. so i would go with diego. everyone said the same thing about cro cop/gonzaga with the quick ko, but this is the year of the upset. whoever's the favorite has been caked. it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by piss ant

Diaz was one of the best WW's? Why is that, because he beat Lawler? pft... He lost to Karo, Diego, RIGGS and Sherk, Diaz was nowhere near the top of the food chain.

Dana White - "Fedor is a farce"
    Fedor - Destroys Sylvia in 36 seconds
    EMELIANENKOWNED!

I give Diego a better chance than a few of the posters here, but I think Mach will be able to keep the fight standing long enough to rock him and TKO him. This would be a very good & exciting fight to schedule too btw.
    "People say that marijuana is going to hurt my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fight career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." Nick Diaz

Fav fighters: Hendo, Franklin, Shogun, Jeff Curran, Thiago Silva (future LHW champ 5/31/07), The Diaz Brothers

fuck sakes Diego is not 19-1.

He is 17-1

Diego loses, he isn't better at anything, maybe a little strength advantage but thats about it.

Koscheck one of the best overall athletes in mma, thats funny, he is the one of the best wrestlers but thats it.

Malice Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dork8503
    fuck sakes Diego is not 19-1.

He is 17-1

Diego loses, he isn't better at anything, maybe a little strength advantage but thats about it.

Koscheck one of the best overall athletes in mma, thats funny, he is the one of the best wrestlers but thats it.
    I would say that makes Kos one of the best atheletes, regardless Diego did not execute in that fight.

I would disagree that Diego isn't better at 1 thing which could mean all the marbles:
    Cage Fighting.

I just can't stop thinking about how bad Mach got beat by Hughes in the octagon, I mean he was destroyed.

Also Diego is younger and I would say much faster if he comes correct.
    Last edited by Malice; 06-08-2007 at 04:11 PM.

Thread Information