Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour: Diego Sanchez vs. Sakurai

Quote Originally Posted by WadoKai
    Sakurai is a showman, and to his credit; he'll make Diego look decent before putting an end to his consciousness at a time that's convenient for him.

A lot of people would say both those bouts with Diego (Karo / Diaz) could've gone either way. Some would say Karo didn't train enough and didn't have the cardio; the implication being that he could half-ass train and give Diego a run for his money.

As for the decision loss to Koscheck; well, that was a horrible enough showing on Diego's part to really overshadow any 'spectacular' performances he may have had.

Sakurai is bad news for anyone at 170; and if Diego didn't overpower and TKO Karo or Diaz, he won't be overpowering and KO'ing Sakurai.

While I think Diego is going to come back angrier and training harder than ever before. If this fight goes down, no amount of pre-fight praying, or snarling, is gonna save him.
    Great Sig! Rep'd!

Favorite recent dumbass comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by LebenTysonTank
    My opinion is Arlovski is the best HW the world,but Randy stands a chance in a fight with Fedor to,I don't give a fuck what anybody says.

I still believe in "The Truth"

*1 - 2 in sig/av bets*

Quote Originally Posted by dork8503
    fuck sakes Diego is not 19-1.

He is 17-1

Diego loses, he isn't better at anything, maybe a little strength advantage but thats about it.

Koscheck one of the best overall athletes in mma, thats funny, he is the one of the best wrestlers but thats it.
    By the way man, I agree with you most of the time but Diego is 19-1. You made me doubt my self so I went and checked. Just wanted to let you know!

My opinion is Arlovski is the best HW the world,but Randy stands a chance in a fight with Fedor to,I don't give a fuck what anybody says.

*1 - 2 in sig/av bets*

Quote Originally Posted by Palma Wrestler
    Didn't you just say that Sakurai wasn't going to beat anyone at WW?

I'd really like to know why you are so certain Deigo can't win.
    I thought the Gracie losses were at WW, but Sakurai has only lost to Hughes and Shields at WW.. only domination being the Hughes fight, and Hughes and Shields are some of the best WWs I mean in terms of wrestling and JJ you dont get as well rounded as Shields, and you dont get much better unless your Kos in terms of pure wrestling when it comes to Hughes

Diegos a good wrestler, but hes HS level.. Sakurai has very good JJ, Diego has a black belt in Gadkojitsu or whatever its called.. Sakurai was able to sub Ricco in ADCC, finished 2nd in the open weight class, and hes got a distinct edge in the standup.. I just think its a horrible matchup for Diego, especially as hot as Sakurai has been lately.
    Last edited by Afro; 06-08-2007 at 04:31 PM.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

I was pissed that Kos didn't fuck Diego up, Sakurai better do it

Quote Originally Posted by Rockx
    I would say that makes Kos one of the best atheletes, regardless Diego did not execute in that fight.

I would disagree that Diego isn't better at 1 thing which could mean all the marbles:
    Cage Fighting.

I just can't stop thinking about how bad Mach got beat by Hughes in the octagon, I mean he was destroyed.

Also Diego is younger and I would say much faster if he comes correct.

Diego isn't Hughes and that was a while ago, Mach has greatly improved.

Mach has fought in a cage before, given not as much as Diego but he has fought their.

I wouldnt say Diego is much faster, Diego is just a cardio machine he can push an push an that makes him good but he will never be great. I honestly think he Diego should be 17-2 or 17-3.

I think Diego gets knocked out in this fight.

Diego isn't Hughes and that was a while ago, Mach has greatly improved.

Mach has fought in a cage before, given not as much as Diego but he has fought their.

I wouldnt say Diego is much faster, Diego is just a cardio machine he can push an push an that makes him good but he will never be great. I honestly think he Diego should be 17-2 or 17-3.

I think Diego gets knocked out in this fight.
    Doesn't matter what we think he should be, he's 19-1. I agree with you tho, I think he gets knocked out and is twitching before he hits the ground!

*1 - 2 in sig/av bets*

Quote Originally Posted by gmunit
    I was pissed that Kos didn't fuck Diego up, Sakurai better do it
    Dude, for some reason I wanted Kos to beat the shit out of him too and was pissed it didn't happen.

*1 - 2 in sig/av bets*

Quote Originally Posted by twankydawg
    By the way man, I agree with you most of the time but Diego is 19-1. You made me doubt my self so I went and checked. Just wanted to let you know!
    Diego is not 19-1, Wikipedia, 17-1, Sherdog fight finder 17-1, Diegos offical website says 19-1 but it only lists him as 16-1 sorry to tell you the 19-1 came from the throw more fights on to his record to make him look better UFC stats.

Diego is 17-1

Jacksons website lists him as 17-0
    Last edited by Dork8503; 06-08-2007 at 04:35 PM.

The 19-1 is probably counting his TUF fights

Diego is not 19-1, Wikipedia, 17-1, Sherdog fight finder 17-1, Diegos offical website says 19-1 but it only lists him as 16-1 sorry to tell you the 19-1 came from the throw more fights on to his record to make him look better UFC stats.

Diego is 17-1

Jacksons website lists him as 17-0
    Ok, there is more than one place to look and I was just remembering of the top of my head from when he fought Kos. At least it wasn't a blatant error, jeez, give a dawg some slack.
    Anyway, I still hope he ends up 19-2, 17-2, 16-2, 17-1, or whatever it may be, just as long as Mach whoops his ass.

*1 - 2 in sig/av bets*

Thread Information