Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 141

Thread: Rumour: Diego Sanchez vs. Sakurai

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    I dont see how it requires more athletism, especially for the positions that they played.. running, jumping, the strength, the speed, etc

    either way its not a matter of wrestling vs football/baseball its a matter of Koscheck vs Bo Jackson/Dieon Sanders

    I guarantee you Kos cant run a 4.2 40 with a 40 inch vertical or bench 225 30 times, or any of the stuff Bo or Dieon could do.. they were extreme cases of athletism. Bo played two sports at the same god damn time for criss sakes.
    theres no way dieon ever benched 225 30 times, i would be impressed if he could get anything over 15

    anyways argueing over who is a better athlete is pointless, its like people with differant fav. fighters argueing over whos better

  2. #82
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teshore
    theres no way dieon ever benched 225 30 times, i would be impressed if he could get anything over 15
    Ok I was talkin about Deion and Bo I wasnt referring to them BOTH being able to bench 225 30 times, Im talking more about Bo.

    and I guarantee you that Dieon can do atleast 20
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    I dont see how it requires more athletism, especially for the positions that they played.. running, jumping, the strength, the speed, etc

    either way its not a matter of wrestling vs football/baseball its a matter of Koscheck vs Bo Jackson/Dieon Sanders

    I guarantee you Kos cant run a 4.2 40 with a 40 inch vertical or bench 225 30 times, or any of the stuff Bo or Dieon could do.. they were extreme cases of athletism. Bo played two sports at the same god damn time for criss sakes.
    Bo Never played two sports at the exact same time. Who knows how strong or fast Koscheck. I'm sure they are fast and that is why I said if speed is what we are going by then you are right. But of course Bo was stroner. a 235lb person is usually stronger then a 170 lb person.

    My point was how can we compare athleicism between two people who never played the other's sport? I can tell you that Wrestling takes allot more endurance and core strength (both telltail signs of athleticism) the Football or baseball.

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Ok I was talkin about Deion and Bo I wasnt referring to them BOTH being able to bench 225 30 times, Im talking more about Bo.

    and I guarantee you that Dieon can do atleast 20

    I doubt Dieon could bench 225 that many times. Most College DBs do it about 8 to 9 times at the combine. And Dieon was alway more into his speed then his strength.
    Last edited by Palma; 06-08-2007 at 10:09 PM.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Ok I was talkin about Deion and Bo I wasnt referring to them BOTH being able to bench 225 30 times, Im talking more about Bo.

    and I guarantee you that Dieon can do atleast 20

    my fault, thought you were talking about both, but i highly doubt he could, bigger qb's and running backs have tough times getting that, and dieon is way smaller than those positions, hell there are dt's and ol guys who cant do much over 20

  5. #85
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palma Wrestler
    Bo Never played two sports at the exact same time. Who knows how strong or fast Koscheck. I'm sure they are fast and that is why I said if speed is what we are going by then you are right. But of course Bo was stroner. a 235lb person is usually stronger then a 170 lb person.

    My point was how can we compare athleicism between two people who never played the other's sport? I can tell you that Wrestling takes allot more endurance and core strength (both telltail signs of athleticism) the Football or baseball.
    Ya but in Wrestling your not really goin a much further distance then in Football or even baseball, and Ya I believe it takes more core strength then football or baseball, but how much more? Offensive Lineman did a ton of core strength and agility, Defensive linemen the same.. and they gotta run downfield as well too. A player like Bo had to be strong, he had to jump high, he had to be fast, he had to be agile, he had to have endurance.. and he had all these things for his size as well. Pound for Pound my money is on Bo Jackson being the most athletic.. Dieon and Kos can be argued for there respective sports, cuz what really made Deion an athlete was his incredible speed and that he played two sports, Bo surpasses all of them cuz he ran 4.3 speeds, he power, agility, endurance, everything and he played two sports.

    Quote Originally Posted by teshore
    my fault, thought you were talking about both, but i highly doubt he could, bigger qb's and running backs have tough times getting that, and dieon is way smaller than those positions, hell there are dt's and ol guys who cant do much over 20
    Leon Hall rep'd 22 last combine and hes only 180 lbs.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Ya but in Wrestling your not really goin a much further distance then in Football or even baseball, and Ya I believe it takes more core strength then football or baseball, but how much more? Offensive Lineman did a ton of core strength and agility, Defensive linemen the same.. and they gotta run downfield as well too. A player like Bo had to be strong, he had to jump high, he had to be fast, he had to be agile, he had to have endurance.. and he had all these things for his size as well. Pound for Pound my money is on Bo Jackson being the most athletic.. Dieon and Kos can be argued for there respective sports, cuz what really made Deion an athlete was his incredible speed and that he played two sports, Bo surpasses all of them cuz he ran 4.3 speeds, he power, agility, endurance, everything and he played two sports.
    I agree with that.

    In wrestling you expend much more energy grappling then any football player does running. You can run a mile or wrestle for 1 minute and I gautrante you will have more life in you after running a mile then wrestling for a single minute.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palma Wrestler
    I agree with that.

    In wrestling you expend much more energy grappling then any football player does running. You can run a mile or wrestle for 1 minute and I gautrante you will have more life in you after running a mile then wrestling for a single minute.
    I hear a lot of that, man I wish I had done wrestling my first 2 years of HS.. all the wrestlers would talk so much shit about how its the hardest sport at the school cuz they gotta piggy back dudes bigger then them up stairs and shit.. I even went to the wrestling matches cuz of that
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Leon Hall rep'd 22 last combine and hes only 180 lbs.[/QUOTE]


    really cause the official results show he only put it up 15 times, dieon might be able to, im just saying i really dont think he could, there are people his size that could but are more phsical, dieon was not physically strong in my opinion, there were 12 defensive back that put up more than 20, and only 2 of them were under 200, with the others most likely safties.... oh heres that link for all the officials

    http://www.thehogs.net/Draft/combine...ts-defense.php

  9. #89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teshore
    Leon Hall rep'd 22 last combine and hes only 180 lbs.

    really cause the official results show he only put it up 15 times, dieon might be able to, im just saying i really dont think he could, there are people his size that could but are more phsical, dieon was not physically strong in my opinion, there were 12 defensive back that put up more than 20, and only 2 of them were under 200, with the others most likely safties.... oh heres that link for all the officials

    http://www.thehogs.net/Draft/combine...ts-defense.php[/QUOTE]
    I saw 22 on the NFL.com site, musta read it wrong
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    really cause the official results show he only put it up 15 times, dieon might be able to, im just saying i really dont think he could, there are people his size that could but are more phsical, dieon was not physically strong in my opinion, there were 12 defensive back that put up more than 20, and only 2 of them were under 200, with the others most likely safties.... oh heres that link for all the officials

    http://www.thehogs.net/Draft/combine...ts-defense.php
    I saw 22 on the NFL.com site, musta read it wrong[/QUOTE]

    hey its all good either way, i dont really care, just killing time at work, either way he was still a great db

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •