30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Couture

8 26.67%
  • Nogueira

22 73.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Randy Couture vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

Quote Originally Posted by AJL416AZ

so i choose Noguiera, by decision. too good at grappling, good standup, not completely retarded and uncoordinated like Sylvia
    Randy's better wrestling would help him in these areas though. I'm sure in the cage he could get Nog down and while he won't finish him, he could win a decision. Logical choice is Nog though.

Quote Originally Posted by liddell316
    Randy's better wrestling would help him in these areas though. I'm sure in the cage he could get Nog down and while he won't finish him, he could win a decision. Logical choice is Nog though.

randy might control the takedowns, but i think Noguiera is too good at grappling, and Randy was never very good against grapplers, because they neutralized all of his strengths, he couldnt ground and pound as well, couldn't pass guard very well, etc. etc.
    Favorites
    HW: Cro Cop | Barnett | Gonzaga
    LHW: Rampage| Shogun
    MW: KANG | Sakuraba | Spider Silva | Baroni | Akiyama
    WW: Thiago Alves | GSP | Mach
    LW: Gomi | BJ Penn | Aoki | Jamie Varner reppin' AZCS | DIDA
    FW: KID

9-7 in sig/av bets

TriangleChoke Guest

randy didnt get sub'd by ricco..and ricco sub'd big nog in adcc and absolutely dominated him when they fought in pride...that decision was b.s. i could see randy taking this fight by decision

yeah nog wins by sub or decision

Couture wins by exploiting weaknesses. Nog doesn't have a glaring weakness. Randy could find a few things to try to beat him, but Nogueira is a complete and well-rounded fighter and would Randy a fit. In a championship fight Randy is down 3 rounds and gets subbed (punches) by trying to hard to win the fight.
    CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.

Default Noguiera

Nog would armbar him, there is only one weakness in Nog's game and that is Fedor.
    If he can’t get the fight to the ground he is screwed, he'll get beat like a dog without an owner. Now the guy says he wants to kick my ass.

-Wanderlei Silva on Filho

TriangleChoke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chute
    Nog would armbar him, there is only one weakness in Nog's game and that is Fedor.
    if ricco couldnt armbar couture, how do u figure big nog would arm bar him?

Quote Originally Posted by TriangleChoke62
    if ricco couldnt armbar couture, how do u figure big nog would arm bar him?
    Ricco TKOd Couture, plus Sakurai sub'd Ricco, Pe Da Pano sub'd Ricco, it was a matchup thing between Ricco and Big Nog.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

ricco didn't play guard against Randy like Noguiera will
    Favorites
    HW: Cro Cop | Barnett | Gonzaga
    LHW: Rampage| Shogun
    MW: KANG | Sakuraba | Spider Silva | Baroni | Akiyama
    WW: Thiago Alves | GSP | Mach
    LW: Gomi | BJ Penn | Aoki | Jamie Varner reppin' AZCS | DIDA
    FW: KID

9-7 in sig/av bets

That and Nog has the best hand strenght and I think he could pull that arm right out. I think though that he would bait Randy and then just hook 'um in a split second and then it would be a tug of war for Randy's arm and Nog would pull it and then get the bar on. Randy's short limbs dont help much either for the bar. I would say that Nog is a better MMA subb'er then Ricco too.
    If he can’t get the fight to the ground he is screwed, he'll get beat like a dog without an owner. Now the guy says he wants to kick my ass.

-Wanderlei Silva on Filho

Thread Information