30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Couture

8 26.67%
  • Nogueira

22 73.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Randy Couture vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Kennedy
    Nogueira is really good at jiu-jitsu but Randy is too good at wrestling. Nog isn't gonna be able to take him down and then he's gonna get KTFO cuz Randy is currently the best striker at heavyweight.
    troll!!!!!

but anyways...nog takes this by decision...nog has the better stand up, way better bjj, they both have great cardio, randy has the better wrestling.... randy might be able to take nog down and hold him there but imo he will get subbed if he tries to much gnp or passing gaurd...i think nog takes this by decision...

Default What??

Nogueira is really good at jiu-jitsu but Randy is too good at wrestling. Nog isn't gonna be able to take him down and then he's gonna get KTFO cuz Randy is currently the best striker at heavyweight.

Your a fool the best.........I dont think so. Nog striking skills are better then Randy's. In case you didnt know Nog trains with the best boxing team maybe in the world. The Cubian's. Nog also doesnt have to be in top position to sub you he can sub very well in guard.

Better HW striker

CroCop
    AA
    Hunt
    Fedor
    Big Nog
    Kharitonov.....
    If he canít get the fight to the ground he is screwed, he'll get beat like a dog without an owner. Now the guy says he wants to kick my ass.

-Wanderlei Silva on Filho

Quote Originally Posted by Chute
    Your a fool the best.........I dont think so. Nog striking skills are better then Randy's. In case you didnt know Nog trains with the best boxing team maybe in the world. The Cubian's. Nog also doesnt have to be in top position to sub you he can sub very well in guard.

Better HW striker

CroCop
    AA
    Hunt
    Fedor
    Big Nog
    Kharitonov.....

hes a fuckin troll man...dont feed his ass...

Default Your quick

Dammit you beat me to it ChucktheChamp hahaha
    If he canít get the fight to the ground he is screwed, he'll get beat like a dog without an owner. Now the guy says he wants to kick my ass.

Half those guys aren't even in the UFC. Nog isn't a better striker, although his submissions are awesome. Just because he trains with good boxers doesn't mean he's a good boxer. Arlovski has a glass chin and Cro Cop has shown his weakness. There's a reason Randy is the champ. Did you see the way he destroyed Tim Sylvia?

troll haha troll troll troll...

Who are you calling a troll? You're the one saying that you think Randy can take Nog down but Nog's gonna win my decision. What's Nog gonna do? Pull guard until they give him the victory? Randy's gonna get points for those takedowns. If the fight goes this way and it does make it to decision then obviously Randy's gonna win because he's gonna be on top where he wants to be.
    when Noguiera goes to the ground, he doesnt just lay there. he is constantly moving, going for sweeps and subs, and sweeps are worth quite a lot, especially if he lands in mount or side control
    Favorites
    HW: Cro Cop | Barnett | Gonzaga
    LHW: Rampage| Shogun
    MW: KANG | Sakuraba | Spider Silva | Baroni | Akiyama
    WW: Thiago Alves | GSP | Mach
    LW: Gomi | BJ Penn | Aoki | Jamie Varner reppin' AZCS | DIDA
    FW: KID

9-7 in sig/av bets

Default Whatt

First you said HW strike not UFC HW strike and second I dont think you have seen Nog fight because you can see in his stance that he is highly skilled in boxing. I dont know why you think Randy is an excellent strike, because he got that good punch on Tim in the first. That and were talking about Tim Sylvia anyone who walked in that octagon minus AA would have won. You simply uneducated in past bouts....you must have hopped on the MMA wagon this year eh?

Half those guys aren't even in the UFC. Nog isn't a better striker, although his submissions are awesome. Just because he trains with good boxers doesn't mean he's a good boxer. Arlovski has a glass chin and Cro Cop has shown his weakness. There's a reason Randy is the champ. Did you see the way he destroyed Tim Sylvia?
    Hey Nog doesnt train with good boxers, he is a good boxer cuz hes ON the Brazillian olympic boxing team.. Randy Couture does not have the boxing skills that Nog has and Coutures striking style is boxing

On top of that CC is a better striker then Couture, Kongo, Hardonk, and Vera as well.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Default Opinions

If everyone though like us Afro wouldnt this world be a better place hahaha
    Last edited by Chute; 06-12-2007 at 01:52 AM.

Who are you calling a troll? You're the one saying that you think Randy can take Nog down but Nog's gonna win my decision. What's Nog gonna do? Pull guard until they give him the victory? Randy's gonna get points for those takedowns. If the fight goes this way and it does make it to decision then obviously Randy's gonna win because he's gonna be on top where he wants to be.

im calling you a troll....you said randy was the best striker in the hw division...now even if you ment just ufc heres some news for you..

cro cop, kongo, vera, aa, nog= all better strikers than randy couture...

and r u fucking kidding with the pull guard to victory thing...randy will take him down, but nog will sweep his ass or from guard break his fuckin arm with an arm bar or triangle his ass....nog is the best submission artist in the hw divsion period and couture has been subbed by alot lesser opponents...

Thread Information