+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post-WFA PPV Discussion

Default Post-WFA PPV Discussion

What did everyone think, the event just ended. I missed the entire Salaverry/Santore fight (which from bits and pieces I saw, I had the stream up on my computer while watching Gatti on my big screen TV) and the first round of Lyoto/Tiger, other than that I caught everything. Top to bottom a good show, the main events delivered and while the undercard wasn't thrilling, but Ricco's fight was great, Mayhem's fight was cool, and from what I hear Salaverry/Santore was a great fight. Bas said he has all kinds of injuries he didn't admit to before the fight so he needs surgery and we don't know if he'll fight again yet. Rampage and Lindland will be a controversial decision, at least from where I was sitting I gave Lindland the fight - although I even noted it was a tough one to call.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Boone
    What did everyone think, the event just ended. I missed the entire Salaverry/Santore fight (which from bits and pieces I saw, I had the stream up on my computer while watching Gatti on my big screen TV) and the first round of Lyoto/Tiger, other than that I caught everything. Top to bottom a good show, the main events delivered and while the undercard wasn't thrilling, but Ricco's fight was great, Mayhem's fight was cool, and from what I hear Salaverry/Santore was a great fight. Bas said he has all kinds of injuries he didn't admit to before the fight so he needs surgery and we don't know if he'll fight again yet. Rampage and Lindland will be a controversial decision, at least from where I was sitting I gave Lindland the fight - although I even noted it was a tough one to call.
    I gave the fight to Rampage... Rampage looked good... he should have gotten out of the clinch a little more but over alll any man to escape that many that many sorry ass over rated Giloteans ... that man would still give chuck a run for his money... but Rampage impressed me he was in shape.. lindland should drop back to 185 and fight lister.... that would be a better weight class for him.. cause Rampage was the aggressor of the fight...

Default Fighter of the Night goes to...

Ivan Salaverry! He picked Santore apart like a true professional. He has definitely put that hidious Marquardt decision behind him.

Other then that, the WFA show was pretty good. Definitely better then UFC 61. As much as I hate to say it, I feel Lindland won that fight. I'm guessing the shots Rampage landed early in the 3rd and also at the end, got him the decision.

And Mayhem made Sincaid look like a fish out of water! I hope he drops down to 185. I don't understand why the fight wasn't fought at 185 in the first place! I'd say it's natural for both of them.

What did you guys think of the show?

"For years I’ve underestimated Tim Sylvia. This time I think I’m gonna be in the minority and pick Tim and his long right hand. Come to think of it, I am a minority." - Din Thomas predicts Sylvia to beat Fedor LMAO!

Favorite Fighters: Penn, Rampage, Tito, Couture, Guida, GSP, Mayhem, Varner, Mir, Torres

13-6-1 in AV/SIG bets

2xs Guest

most of the fights were good, but the comentating............... that was the biggest downfall of the show, listening to that almost made me shut it off.

I don't know I had Lindland winning. He came closer to finishing the fight than Rampage with the rear naked choke and that guillotine at the end. At no point did it look like Rampage was going to finish Lindland. So then you take it to points. They were in the clinch almost the entire fight, so it's kind of hard to score. I don't have a problem with Rampage getting the decision though, I just personally thought Lindland did more to get the W.

Mayhem was entertaining as usual. He handled Sincaid with ease. You didn't miss much in the Lyoto vs White fight, it was pretty boring. Lyoto just knocked him with a couple of counter straight lefts. Not a whole lot of action, neither guy really pressed.

Ricco did a good job with Waterman, really took it to him with his stand up. It was hard to look at Ricco with his stomach tucked in his shorts, but he did much better than I thought he would. I hope he continues to lose wait and get back on the right track.

It was nice to see Bas back, he pretty much chopped the much bigger Villareal down with the kicks at the end of the fight. He caught him with some really big punches that rocked Warpath but couldn't knock him down with any. Hope to see Bas back after his surgeries.

The main event was fun to watch, back and forth slams, some great submission escapes by Rampage. I thought Lindland slightly took the fight, but I guess the offensive attack by Rampage was enough to win the last round in the judges eyes.

It was a decent 1st event for WFA. Not great, but not terrible. The production wasn't all that good, and the camera work was poor. If they can get the production level up and continue to sign good fighters they will be alright.

Overall i thought it was a good event ricco waterman was enertaining even though ricco is a lard ass, he looked pretty good ,team punishment was out in force, tito with jenna jaminson was cool. Ivan salivery was impressive with the best finish of the night. mayem miller dominated he needs to be in the wwe, he had a cool intro. El gaupo is still the man it ended way to early but his leg kicks are devastating, i got chills when he came out. The rampage, linland fight was great i was real inpressed with linland it could have gone either way but i think the twoo hugh slams,the great leg sweep throw and the upper cut that stuned lindland won it for jackson, linland had some good submision attempts and i thought he had him on two occasions but rampage show some skill getting out og them. They need to work 0n the production value, and goldbergs commentary left alot to be desired but overall it was a nice event, better than ufc 61 by a long shot.

I didn't think the comentating was TERRIBLE, but yeah it was definitely not a plus. Barry Tompkins had no business being there, he had me cringing a few times "looks like he's just trying to clinch and get a rest not take him down" when Waterman was doing his desperation takedown attempt after Ricco hurt him. That was one glaring example that stood out to me. Plus some other pro-boxing type stuff he would say. Then you had Goldberg every once in a while throwing in pro wrestling references, all the while Quadros was trying a little too hard to throw out analogies and clever lines.

yeah Ivan Salaverry was bringing it with those kicks. He definitely made up for his poor effort vs Marquardt. Good comeback fight for Ivan.

Quote Originally Posted by ArMnHC
    Ivan Salaverry! He picked Santore apart like a true professional. He has definitely put that hidious Marquardt decision behind him.

Other then that, the WFA show was pretty good. Definitely better then UFC 61. As much as I hate to say it, I feel Lindland won that fight. I'm guessing the shots Rampage landed early in the 3rd and also at the end, got him the decision.

And Mayhem made Sincaid look like a fish out of water! I hope he drops down to 185. I don't understand why the fight wasn't fought at 185 in the first place! I'd say it's natural for both of them.

What did you guys think of the show?
    the one thing i think was wrong with your statement Any man to escaoe the submission on more than one ocassion won him that fight!!!!!!!!! if rampage stayed out of the clinch would have beat the brakes off that fool.. iI wanna wrestle lindland in tajke downs first one to 10 take downs i think i would mrurder him at 185...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information