Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post-WFA PPV Discussion

I didn't miss the Lyoto/Tiger fight, just the first round of it. I missed the entire Salaverry and Mayhem fights though.

I kept thinking the same thing too, even touched it on it my PBP - about Rampage should not be fighting in the clinch, but that was just Lindland being too good and forcing that gameplan/style on him. Rampage couldn't do nothing but deal with it as it came to him. In that regard, Lindland was doing what he wanted more than Rampage, Lindland came close to finishing the fight twice Rampage never came close to stopping Lindland though. The more I think about it that decision wasn't really fair. But, nothing crazy like 30-27 x 3 for Rampage like it would have been in UFC. 29-28 and then two 29-28's for Rampage is just a preference call on the judges I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Boone
    I kept thinking the same thing too, even touched it on it my PBP - about Rampage should not be fighting in the clinch, but that was just Lindland being too good and forcing that gameplan/style on him. Rampage couldn't do nothing but deal with it as it came to him. In that regard, Lindland was doing what he wanted more than Rampage, Lindland came close to finishing the fight twice Rampage never came close to stopping Lindland though. The more I think about it that decision wasn't really fair. But, nothing crazy like 30-27 x 3 for Rampage like it would have been in UFC. 29-28 and then two 29-28's for Rampage is just a preference call on the judges I guess.
    \Jackson would be a good fighter or better fighter if he learned a clinch like Bas was using... he would have be a much better figher if he did...

Quote Originally Posted by dukeguy
    the one thing i think was wrong with your statement Any man to escaoe the submission on more than one ocassion won him that fight!!!!!!!!! if rampage stayed out of the clinch would have beat the brakes off that fool.. iI wanna wrestle lindland in tajke downs first one to 10 take downs i think i would mrurder him at 185...
    yeah had Rampage fought a stand up fight, he'd have won easily!

"For years I’ve underestimated Tim Sylvia. This time I think I’m gonna be in the minority and pick Tim and his long right hand. Come to think of it, I am a minority." - Din Thomas predicts Sylvia to beat Fedor LMAO!

Favorite Fighters: Penn, Rampage, Tito, Couture, Guida, GSP, Mayhem, Varner, Mir, Torres

13-6-1 in AV/SIG bets

the Mayhem and Salaverry wins were great fights, Mayhem is a fantastic entertainer, and Salaverry and Santore really put on a show

Bas looked great on his comeback, and real props to Villareals iron chin.

the Lindland/Rampage fight was a great fight for the card, but it really kind of made Rampage look bad, nearly losing to a guy fighting out of his natural weight class. Lindland's submission improvements were really noticeable, i honestly believed he took that fight.

the commentators were terrible. WAS FIGHTING MATT LIKE FIGHTING AN OCTOPUS? i couldn't help laughing at how ridiculous that was.

Anyone who missed it, I'll have the Bas Rutten fight from the WFA PPV in the Pics & Videos sub-forum in just a little bit. Keep an eye out for that. I'll probably add Rampage-Lindland tomorrow.

The Salavery fight was great, and the Lindland fight was great although I thought Lindland pulled it out because he was never in true danger of being finished and he had Rampage on the verge twice. Besides that I thought the pay per view was horrible. My wife fell asleep, and she loves MMA. I stated my reasons on the thread " Why WFA pay per view failed..." even the Bas fight, although slightly entertaining was just sad. That dude took the fight with 2 days notice. Wow Bas beat him. We jsut wanted to see Bas beat someone, anyone I guess. Why didn't they grab someone from the crowd?

I'm not sure how you guys can say the Ricco/Waterman fight was decent??? It was a horrible match with Waterman attempting to take down Ricco for the majority of the first round. There was a couple nice punches Ricco sent to Waterman that he just took. But besides that the fight reminded me of Frank Mirs last fight. Only thing entertaining about Mayhems fight is his charisma but besides that I can't say it was a thrilling fight. The main event probably saved the show as it got me up from my seat and it clearly looked like Lindland won. I guess posterboy of WFA wins in a controversy fashion.

Thread Information