Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else feel Dana slighted Gray?

Default Anyone else feel Dana slighted Gray?

That fight to me, seemed like it was all Gray until the sudden submission.

Dana seemed like he reacted only to Diaz..not much recognition of what Gray had done. I thought that kind of lousy. Am I missing something?

I thought it was weird that Dana siad that as well. Gray was whooping Nate. Yes Nate had submission attempts, but nothing serious. Dana is a weird guy.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

Dana White loves submission guys. I thought that Gray was winning the fight, but with all of the subs Nate was attempting kind of nuetralized what Gray was doing. Most guys don't attempt that many subs in a year. Nate, Dana, the coaches, and probably most everyone else knew that that they saw Nate going after any opening to try a submission that it was only a matter of time before Nate sunk one in or Gray KO'd him trying. It made for a great fight. Nate's style is a text book example of what a true BJJ guy is.

Eat the punches, pull guard, eat more punches, keep putting on subs until he finally gets caught in one.
    CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.

Quote Originally Posted by God
    I thought it was weird that Dana siad that as well. Gray was whooping Nate. Yes Nate had submission attempts, but nothing serious. Dana is a weird guy.
    Don't be seduced by a little blood.

I disagree about "nothing serious." Nate put on a submission clinic...I thought the first round was 50/50, as opposed to whooping on Nate. When a wrestler fights a BJJ guy, they're going to get the takedowns. It doesn't make it impressive, as BJJ guys like the ground. If Gray had had big slams or even violently opposed takedowns that he still carried out, I'd have seen it as a whooping. The cut was flashy, but honestly--nothing serious.

Gray needs to add more dimension to his game.

rh

What was sudden about the submission? You make it sound was though Nate was lying on his back doing nothing but taking punches then out of nowhere pulls out a submission and ends the fight.

Submission attempts are BJJ weapons. Like a strikers punches, they score points and end a fight when executed successfully.

Sure Gray was on top, but both fighters were in a comfortable position and scoring points. Diaz is a tough kid, the only thing Gray had going for fight stoppage was the cut.
    I don't have favourite fighters, just favourite fights.

<3 Arianny

Uhhh............ Nate won, so thats how it goes

It also looked like Gray was expending a lot more energy than Diaz in the first round. You could see it at the start of the 2nd round Diaz had a lot more energy and Gray was starting to gas (and the coaches were commenting about his pacing of the fight). Diaz spent a lot less energy and kept it very close in the first round, which meant that he really outplayed Gray. Gray is a very good wrestler, but he has a lot of weaknesses (weak standup and submissions, has a lot of problems pacing himself), while Diaz has many fewer weaknesses. So, Diaz deserves a lot more compliment from Dana.
    Consistency is the defense of a small mind

I think Diaz was great..waited for his opportunities and reacted when the time was right,

However, I thought Gray did pretty well against him, blood/cuts aside. I just expected a little more props to the guy from Dana.

Gray was beating the shit out of Nate. Kinda funny How dana made it seem like it was a close round.

TriangleChoke Guest

gray did put a beating on nate, but he almost got caught more than once. Nate put gray through a submission clinic from the bottom. Sure, he got pounded, but it was only a matter of time before he made gray tap.

Thread Information