Thread: Inviting new members?

TravelinMonty Guest

Default Inviting new members?

Is there a way to invite friends to become new members? Or just send them to the site?

I think an invite might be a good idea if we dont have anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinMonty
    Is there a way to invite friends to become new members? Or just send them to the site?

I think an invite might be a good idea if we dont have anything like that.
    Being able to invite members would be cool. Sending them the site might work just as well. But it is a cool feature

TravelinMonty Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma
    Being able to invite members would be cool. Sending them the site might work just as well. But it is a cool feature
    What's the deal with the "Referrals" number on the user profile?

the referrals is when someone puts your name in that box.
    4-3-1 in Sig Bets.

"If you fuck with me I'm going to fuck with you" Kevin "The Monster" Randleman

TravelinMonty Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid
    when you register you can put the user that refered you....

it doesn't really do anything.

I think it would be cool if your rep went up with referals, but I highly doubt there is anyway to do that.

But it would be cool to be able to send out emails inviting people....Good idea.
    We should try to make the invite thing happen. And the rep for referals would be cool... i guess there would be a bunch of techie stuff that would have to happen.

The immediate problem I see with giving rep for referrals is that trolls/leeches can just make a bunch of new accounts and then reffer them until they have enough rep.

Also I don't think there is any way to do it, using what we currently have available

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    The immediate problem I see with giving rep for referrals is that trolls/leeches can just make a bunch of new accounts and then reffer them until they have enough rep.

Also I don't think there is any way to do it, using what we currently have available
    Yeah, I see this being too easy to take advantage of. Maybe some other form of reward other than rep.

Rep for invites though, too susceptible to trolls.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

TravelinMonty Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    Yeah, I see this being too easy to take advantage of. Maybe some other form of reward other than rep.

Rep for invites though, too susceptible to trolls.
    True... it would be using a lot of energy for a couple of rep points. Maybe a rep 10% override on all referrals... now that would probably be impossible. But I would like to get an mmanews invite thing going... maybe just give an invitee a few extra rep points starting out because if he is referred by a good member personally, he's probably not a troll.

Thread Information