Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread Content

Default Thread Content

I'm just thinking in terms of the betterment of this forum...So...
    I don't mean to sound like a stickler or whiner, but I have some discrepancies with some of the content in threads...Particularly the swearing.

I know a lot of people on here just operate off of the Dana White F-this and that mentality and think it's completely ok becasue the president of the UFC does it...But I think it sounds un-educated and is annoying especially when its used so loosely all the time around here.... It especially becomes a problem when bantering goes back and forth...but anyways...

I can't stand it, and I can't stand the fact that people can't communicate on here without all the cussing.

Is there a way to eliminate it? Or Possibly bring down rep points ?

I dont know...Just a suggestion...I'm by no means 100% innocent of this my self but I think if there was a penalty or some sort of auto-edit that posts something else when you try to type a work or something..I'm just rambling and it's merely a suggestion to improve the discussion.

to be honest... if you think swearing on these forums are bad... then we are your grace land.. head over to Sherdog's forums... a curse every other word. And I don't think too much cursing goes on here.. only when people are angry...

What I would suggest instead is to make it so that members have the ability to filter out curses. For example. SHIT may show up for someone who doesn't care while the other person can set a filter feature and it appearing as S**T or just simply ****... or we could go Quebert $#!%...

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma
    to be honest... if you think swearing on these forums are bad... then we are your grace land.. head over to Sherdog's forums... a curse every other word. And I don't think too much cursing goes on here.. only when people are angry...

What I would suggest instead is to make it so that members have the ability to filter out curses. For example. SHIT may show up for someone who doesn't care while the other person can set a filter feature and it appearing as S**T or just simply ****... or we could go Quebert $#!%...
    Interesting idea. I don't care if people curse, so right now the only things filtered are racist terms.

i don't really care either way, however cursing CAN be funny as hell if put in the proper context, it can also portray passion about the topic and cursing while arguing means you REALLY mean what you are saying

Cursing is ok in my book as long as its not directed to another member. There is a difference in saying "f*ck you insano1" and saying this thread is f**king awesome.

i use cuss words in some of my posts as well.but i dont do it just because im on an internet forum posting,i do it because this is the way i talk in person.i use them loosely in face to face conversation.and most people i know or hang out with do the same.to me cuss words are just that words.no different from any other word to me.and alot of the time they help you get your point across

I think it's fucking bullshit that motherfuckers are always tryin to limit what the fuck I have to say. Cuss words or not, if it's proper or not, if it makes me sound uneducated or not, it's my point of fucking view and it's me. Nobody is going to change me or edit me, not if I have anything to say about it. Accept what others say for them just being themselves. Emapthy and understanding is whats needed here, not editing.

As for the racism being edited, if it's in a joking manner that equally offends everyone. Does it really have to be edited? Can the serious racist remarks stay unedited and just resuilt in a ban? Racism isn't always just racism. Dave Chapelle and Carlos Mencia aren't racist, it's just comedy right? Tell that to Don Imus, ignorant cunts got him fired for something, that if said by Carlos or Dave would have gone unnoticed. We all need to embrace the idea that all races are welcome to be jokingly EQUALLY racist, as long as they are always friendly and usually NEVER serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo
    I think it's fucking bullshit that motherfuckers are always tryin to limit what the fuck I have to say. Cuss words or not, if it's proper or not, if it makes me sound uneducated or not, it's my point of fucking view and it's me. Nobody is going to change me or edit me, not if I have anything to say about it. Accept what others say for them just being themselves. Emapthy and understanding is whats needed here, not editing.

As for the racism being edited, if it's in a joking manner that equally offends everyone. Does it really have to be edited? Can the serious racist remarks stay unedited and just resuilt in a ban? Racism isn't always just racism. Dave Chapelle and Carlos Mencia aren't racist, it's just comedy right? Tell that to Don Imus, ignorant cunts got him fired for something, that if said by Carlos or Dave would have gone unnoticed. We all need to embrace the idea that all races are welcome to be jokingly EQUALLY racist, as long as they are always friendly and usually NEVER serious.
    Yeah context is everything, so it only edits the handful of words that are most likely to offend people. Anything else is taken in context before it's handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo

That is by far one of the stupidest things i've ever read...

Anyways, my point is with eliminating or atleast editing some of the cussing it will at the least....at a minimum.... make it NOT worth a "trolls" time to waste on here hijacking a thread.... I'm also not talking about editing and eliminating cussing every forum and i'm not talking about eliminating every word on here.... For instance, there is no context on here when certain words should be used. Those words...and we all know which 2 or 3 can really trigger someone to go off and it leads to an entire thread of good mma banter being ruined.

Also, there are a lot of memeber to this place and who knows the age range..Younger MMA fans don't need that crap.....But...at the end of the day i'm sure nothing will change so long as all the people are hiding behind their computers, that way anyone can say whatever they want. Just remember...Irregardrdless of what anyone say on here.... no one talks like that at work, public, or wherever. If you do, thats your problem and have a nice life living in your parents basement or whatever and cleaning toilets.

Oh well just a thought.

Other than that, you moderators do a good job and this is the best mma forum i've found...

Dude get over yourself sounding like your too good to associate with us, i talk like that in normal life as do all my friends and family, its no big deal, there only words we can handle them, if you cant handle people swearing thats your problem, as 99% of the forum is educated enough to realise that words are words and many swear words are used to express peoples feelings and thats all, last time i checked nobody was throwing racist or hurtful slurs around here so calm the fuck down (see swearing is great for emphasising your point).

Thread Information