+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Championship boxer would do good in mma???

Default What Championship boxer would do good in mma???

i give mayweather a year to learn jit jisu and he would be the man........but that would never happen because he gets paid millions in boxing
    " If I wanted to talk to a i would have farted"

I don't think that any would do well, at least not in the UFC or Pride, maybe K-1, Shannon Briggs was a world class heavyweight boxer and went to K-1, but there is no way he could have handled himself against any fighter with ground skills. I don't doubt that they are mostly good enough athletes that if they studied hard at either some BJJ or maybe even Sambo that many world class boxers could handle themselves, if any I would love to see Floyd Mayweather fight lightweight, but if you are looking for good heavyweights there aren't any.

Quote Originally Posted by manntis818
    i give mayweather a year to learn jit jisu and he would be the man........but that would never happen because he gets paid millions in boxing

fatpresent: fatpresent: :grinsmile26:

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by manntis818
    :grinsmile26:
    Agreed, I think that for some of that once there is a million dollar payday in MMA then there will be some of those gusy learn some grappling or submissions and make their way to the UFC or PRide because they are better run organizations then anything that boxing offers. I say that the first million dollar payday should be Silva VS LIddell

Klitschko brothers supposedly got kickboxing experience. They're tall as shit. Obviously got good boxing. Teach them a good sprawl and they might do some shit. Roy Jones Jr. just being a super athelete, maybe in his prime would have done good. His reflexes and stuff seem to be off and he's a bit gun-shy ever since getting KO'd twice. I'm not sure, it's impossible to tell.

i dont think any boxer would do good in mma
    many have tried and have failed horribly
    floyd wouldn't be a top contender in mma cause even in boxing he's only so good because he's hard to hit
    not the case when someone slams him on his back

thats just my thoughts on that matter

Many championship boxers have tried in MMA? Really....name 3. And footwork like Mayweather you never know. He could dance circles around whoever he's fighting. Then again what weight does Mayweather fight at? 140....147? Could he even make 155 comfortably?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Boone
    Many championship boxers have tried in MMA? Really....name 3. And footwork like Mayweather you never know. He could dance circles around whoever he's fighting. Then again what weight does Mayweather fight at? 140....147? Could he even make 155 comfortably?

155 is the lowist weight in the ufc so mabe that weight

mayweather would do good i think because he would be a very good striker and he would need to learn take down defense learn how to sprwal and i think he would do well

Learn takedown defense and sprawl?

Anyone with completely superior footwork like a Mayweather has, along with completely superior striking skills to anyone in UFC - he's got a chance. He's young enough too and a super athelete. If he took it serious, and could bulk up to make 155 since very few organizations use guys under 155, he could pose a threat to anyone. Look at the 155 guys in UFC, most are strikers. Still, obviously none would be dumb enough to trade with him but still.

I really can't wait until the day a world-class level boxer comes into MMA and takes it serious. Not Butterbean, Francois Botha (who has only tried kickboxing), etc. A LEGIT pro boxer in full out MMA and taking it serious. I can't wait for that to happen.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information