Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Championship boxer would do good in mma???

Someone tell Oscar De La Hoya to try. I'd love to see him get choked out!

I would love to see how Samuel Peter would do in a weak UFC heavyweight division. He is built like and ox and a KO machine with big gloves, imagine with the 4 oz, broken jaws every fight. Seeing how Sylvia thinks his stand up is incredible I would love to see them trade shots. Peter did get in on Klitschko who is almost as tall as Sylvia and put him on his ass.
    Die by my hand
    Yushin Okami will be UFC Middleweight Champion-01/13/07

Sylvia said he'd put Hunt on his back if he fought him, implying he wouldn't try and stand with him. I HIGHLY doubt he thinks he can stand with Samuel Peter if that's the case. You're right though, The Nigerian Nightmare with 4 oz. hand wraps = MMA's first death.

If you look as the size of Peters legs you know he could probaly deliver devastating knees if someone went for a leg and in the clinch I think he is solid and would probaly crack ribs. Not that this would ever happen, he's starting to get money fights and could rule the heavyweights with some more quality fights under his belt. Boxing for millions vs mma for thousands= no high class boxer ever making his way into mma.
    Die by my hand
    Yushin Okami will be UFC Middleweight Champion-01/13/07

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Boone
    You're right though, The Nigerian Nightmare with 4 oz. hand wraps = MMA's first death.
    Lol, isn't that the truth!
    Some days ur the dog, other days the fire hydrant.
    Favorite Fighters: Fedor, Wand, Shogun, Mousassi, Alves

Quote Originally Posted by CreepingDeth
    If you look as the size of Peters legs you know he could probaly deliver devastating knees if someone went for a leg and in the clinch I think he is solid and would probaly crack ribs. Not that this would ever happen, he's starting to get money fights and could rule the heavyweights with some more quality fights under his belt. Boxing for millions vs mma for thousands= no high class boxer ever making his way into mma.

yup
    " If I wanted to talk to a i would have farted"

Bernard Hopkins certainly has the aptitude and the drive to go out and learn all aspects of the fight game, but he's already old. I'll tell you this though, if Hopkins had studied the ground game and wrestling and kicks when he was just starting out and stuck with it, I think he could have had the potential to be a dominant 155/170 pounder in MMA, and that's based on the intelligence I've seen him display in boxing.

Default Valuev.....

Nicolay Valuev........All he would have to do is learn to check a few leg kicks and could be competitive......Have to cut 20 lbs for weigh-in, but thats a common thing....what do u think......

http://www.boxen.com/upload/boxen_Valuev_Ruiz_Belt.jpg

....Hes on the left for those who dont know.....

awesome thread....of course the most obvious answer is Mike Tyson in his prime.But I think Mike even now can unleash hell in 3 five minute rounds even at his age now.The simple fact is boxers are better conditioned athletes.The one element that is not fully represented in MMA is championship caliber boxers.I think especially someone like Tim Sylvia who would want to trade would get annihalated in about 20 seconds...that would be bad for mma,and as much as I'd want to see it because I'm a huge Tyson fan...I wouldn't want it to happen because it would hurt the sport of mma.

Quote Originally Posted by doublea
    Someone tell Oscar De La Hoya to try. I'd love to see him get choked out!
    MMA guys always underestimate boxers. It's not easy to shootin on a quick boxer with good footwork. Look at Liddell, he avoids a lot of takedowns with his footwork.

Thread Information