Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Tyson vs Rocky Marciano what if?

oscar Guest

Default Mike Tyson vs Rocky Marciano what if?

What you think would have happened on a fight between these 2 great punchers??

I say Tyson by ko on round 7

You can't really compare guys from different era's like this. If they ever actually fought Tyson would destroy Marciano simply because he was so much bigger and stronger. If you compare them to the fighters of their era then Marciano was FAR greater than Tyson. But if you actually used a time machine and had them fight Tyson would KO Rocky. Marciano didn't weight much over 200 whereas Tyson typically fought around 220.

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Adambomb
    You can't really compare guys from different era's like this. If they ever actually fought Tyson would destroy Marciano simply because he was so much bigger and stronger. If you compare them to the fighters of their era then Marciano was FAR greater than Tyson. But if you actually used a time machine and had them fight Tyson would KO Rocky. Marciano didn't weight much over 200 whereas Tyson typically fought around 220.
    Your right, I wonder why HWs were so small at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    Your right, I wonder why HWs were so small at that time.
    It's because people were just smaller in general. There weren't as many people on the Earth so there weren't as many heavyweights.

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Adambomb
    It's because people were just smaller in general. There weren't as many people on the Earth so there weren't as many heavyweights.
    Don't know if I'm buying that. I don't know if it's been such a surge of reproduction that the size of Human beings in the past 40 years dwarfs that of the past 50,000 years before, unless there is something in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    Don't know if I'm buying that. I don't know if it's been such a surge of reproduction that the size of Human beings in the past 40 years dwarfs that of the past 50,000 years before, unless there is something in the water.
    I'm thinking there is. I think there is something added in everything we eat and drink that wasn't in there generations before us. I'm not a nutritionist but the fuels our bodies intake aren't the same our fathers used.

bradlee180 Guest

There have always been LOTS of big men in boxing, as big as modern heavyweights. The huge men usually didn't get far in boxing, usually being beaten by smaller, faster, more skillful, harder-hitting heavyweights. Most of these huge men never got into the top 10.

6'6", 246 lb Big Jess Willard and 6'5", 260 lb Primo Carnera are 2 big men that won the title, but the Mafia fixed Carnera's fights all the way to the title, and Big Jess won against an old, past-his-prime Jack Johnson, only to be absolutely DESTROYED by a 6'1", 180 lb PRIME Dempsey. Lennox Lewis is the ONLY big man who was ever any good. Dempsey, Louis, Marciano, Ali, Jack Johnson, 167 lb Bob Fitzsimmons, ALL routinely KO'd huge men.

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180
    Lennox Lewis is the ONLY big man who was ever any good.
    Your forgeting about the Klits. bros. They're about the same size as Lewis.

I would sare to say the bigger boxers today are more athletic then the past. I have no facts to base this on but Lennox Lewis, Riddick Bowe, and Ray Mercer all have Olypic Gold medals and they are all huge, with the exception of maybe Mercer but he's still well over 200lb.

bradlee180 Guest

"Your forgeting about the Klits. bros - harlemhustla145"
    I'm not forgetting ANYTHING; the Klitschkos are no F-ing good, they're simply the least bad of the worst crop of heavyweights in history.

"I have no facts to base this on -harlemhustla145"
    That's exactly right as Bowe has NO gold medal, basically quitting against Lennox Lewis at the Olympics.

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180
    "Your forgeting about the Klits. bros - harlemhustla145"
    I'm not forgetting ANYTHING; the Klitschkos are no F-ing good, they're simply the least bad of the worst crop of heavyweights in history.

"I have no facts to base this on -harlemhustla145"
    That's exactly right as Bowe has NO gold medal, basically quitting against Lennox Lewis at the Olympics.
    Oh! Well he was still a great boxer IMO.

Thread Information