Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC Open Weight Tournament

posisteve Guest

Default UFC Open Weight Tournament

I'm not sure about you guys, but the UFC is getting boring. They need to mix it up a little bit, or at least "borrow" some of the ideas being implemented by PrideFC.

I say that UFC needs to mix it up and have an open weight tournament. I would absolutely love to see fights such as Chuck vs. Hughes, or Tito vs. Arlovski. I think the format could work because the heavyweights in UFC are not that great.

Just a thought. Let me know what you think.

I don't think open weight is allowed in the U.S.

I know they arent' allowed to do a grand prix where you fight more than once in an evening....

yeah, thats why UFC has 5 weight classes. fighters below 205 have to be withing 5 lbs of each other at the weigh-ins prior to the fight. an open weight tourney would never work for UFC unless they took it overseas.

5-6 in sig/av bets. I'm the Ross Pointon of Sig bets

Dana has already said that he didn't like tournaments.Besides tournaments are way over done in Pride.The champs hardly ever even defend their titles.Way too many non title fights.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

i agree that the tournament thing is kind of annoying in Pride, you rarely see defenses from the champs

but i would pay out the ass to see a UFC where we got to see a OWGP.
    it would be insane. it opens up some fights that a lot of people would love to see, like Arlovski against some of the LHWs like Chuck and Babalu, and maybe even Tito vs one of the smaller HW like Vera, without putting the belts on the line.

tournaments are great ,but just too over done.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    Dana has already said that he didn't like tournaments.Besides tournaments are way over done in Pride.The champs hardly ever even defend their titles.Way too many non title fights.
    that's exactly why i really dont like watching Pride in the first place. the fighters are great, don't get me wrong. but the fact that the champions are fighting without defending their titles is ridiculous! if you are a champ, your only fights should be defending your title, nuff said.

"For years I’ve underestimated Tim Sylvia. This time I think I’m gonna be in the minority and pick Tim and his long right hand. Come to think of it, I am a minority." - Din Thomas predicts Sylvia to beat Fedor LMAO!

Favorite Fighters: Penn, Rampage, Tito, Couture, Guida, GSP, Mayhem, Varner, Mir, Torres

13-6-1 in AV/SIG bets

i made this thread a while ago like a month ago
    " If I wanted to talk to a i would have farted"

State Athletic Commissions wouldn't permit it.

Quote Originally Posted by manntis818
    i made this thread a while ago like a month ago

Good for you

Thread Information