+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ken Shamrock = Biggest Nut Job Ever?

Default Ken Shamrock = Biggest Nut Job Ever?

Ok, did anyone read the interview Ken did on BoxingInsider.com about his fight with Tito? He stated that he was defending the elbows and he did nothing but blast Herb Dean. I think Ken has taken WAY TOO many blows to the head, the guy needs help. He didn't defend a single one of those elbows, and yes he was out! It's really sad to see a legend come to this. If anyone doubts me, i will post thew article...:grinsmile26:

"For years I’ve underestimated Tim Sylvia. This time I think I’m gonna be in the minority and pick Tim and his long right hand. Come to think of it, I am a minority." - Din Thomas predicts Sylvia to beat Fedor LMAO!

Favorite Fighters: Penn, Rampage, Tito, Couture, Guida, GSP, Mayhem, Varner, Mir, Torres

13-6-1 in AV/SIG bets

I dont doubt you but post it anyway or atleast post the link.

Ken was doing a lot better in the second fight than he did in the first fight and the first fight lasted 3 rounds.Ken could've took a few more elbows before the fight was stopped.Would he've probably lost anyways?Yeah ,but he deserves the same amount of respect that any other fighter would get.A couple of quick elbows in NEVER a reason to stop a fight.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

jus wondering where in the interview he says he was defending the elbows. He does say that prefight Herb said there would be two verbal warnings before a stoppage which there werent and he also says he wanted to let tito "blow his load". Good plan or bad plan he wanted to rope a dope tito in the 1st rd.

Ken Shamrock: With this fight vs. Tito, and my fight vs. Sakuraba in Japan, I am not saying one way or the other, if I would have even won either of those. Win, lose, or draw, at least the fans should have been able to see who would have truly won those fights.

very true statement nobody got there moneys worth wit UFC 61.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBonger
    he also says he wanted to let tito "blow his load". Good plan or bad plan he wanted to rope a dope tito in the 1st rd.
    It worked for Ken's brother ,but that was a five round fight and I doubt it would've worked for Ken.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    It worked for Ken's brother ,but that was a five round fight and I doubt it would've worked for Ken.
    very good point. but i have always thought Frank to be a superior fighter to Ken in every aspect. and Tito was quite the raw talent back then, not the conditioning that he has now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBonger
    very good point. but i have always thought Frank to be a superior fighter to Ken in every aspect.
    Yeah I agree.Frank was always the better fighter.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

Quote Originally Posted by ArMnHC
    Ok, did anyone read the interview Ken did on BoxingInsider.com about his fight with Tito? He stated that he was defending the elbows and he did nothing but blast Herb Dean. I think Ken has taken WAY TOO many blows to the head, the guy needs help. He didn't defend a single one of those elbows, and yes he was out! It's really sad to see a legend come to this. If anyone doubts me, i will post thew article...:grinsmile26:
    yeah, he was saying the same shit in a recent sherdog beatdown interview too. how herb stopped it to early and burning herb dean cause of the stoppage and talkin about how it was likely he might have gotten set up for the early stoppage. he was really pissed. I kind of feel him though. the sport has gone to far and perfected to have questionable stoppages. no one has gotten hurt severely in the UFC yet, would a couple more elbows to really see if he was really going to do something FOR SURE (regardless of whether he would of or not) really be that detrimental? I really doubt it
    Overeem > Lesnar. Hopefully Dana will man up.

StrikingMMA Guest

Ken was unhappy about the Tito, Franklin and Sakuraba fights being stopped to quickly. Its his own fault for putting the referee in the position to have to stop it.

Ken needs to realize this isnt the early UFC any more. He needs to come out and fight hard.

he hugged the ropes and turned his back to Sakuraba and he's still bitching about that fight. Someone explain to Mr. Punchy that his "special ass defense" as well as his "I dont think I could get any more punchdrunk so I can use my head for defense" wont work. I hope he just fades away because honestly, there's nothing left to his legacy other than an old man who keeps losing and making excuses.
    “I Just Killed Kenny! You Bastard!”

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information