Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BJ Penn's next fight.

Red face BJ Penn's next fight.

Hi!, new here, been reading the forum for awhile and finally decided to post my first.

I came just as the steroid scandal hit Sherk and Franca after thier LW bout there in 73.

Now that Sherk's banned for a year any thoughts on his replacement to fight BJ for the ( now vacant ) UFC LW title?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TUF1<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

71 Jackson
    72 Franklin
    73 Franca
    74 St. Pierre

welcome to the site

personally I think that the next lightweight fights are key to see who deserves to fight Penn (Aurelio vs Guida, Daddy vs Batman, and Din vs Spencer)

The UFC has not released any info (that I know of) regarding his next opponent

Cool

Joe Stevenson's the most common sense pick imo, if he beats Batman, if he loses I'd say Batman goes in.

Florian's another obvious choice for the fact that he's on the win streak again after his lost to Sherk. He had quite an impressive win against a pretty good fighter Alvin Robinson in 73.

71 Jackson
    72 Franklin
    73 Franca
    74 St. Pierre

matto Guest

Quote Originally Posted by standnxplode
    Joe Stevenson's the most common sense pick imo, if he beats Batman, if he loses I'd say Batman goes in.

Florian's another obvious choice for the fact that he's on the win streak again after his lost to Sherk. He had quite an impressive win against a pretty good fighter Alvin Robinson in 73.
    yes florian has been impressive, eaither one of them would lose but stevenson vs. bj would be great.

neither deserves a titleshot and besides BJ would school both of them..... at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by insano1
    neither deserves a titleshot and besides BJ would school both of them..... at the same time
    I agree, I have a feeling that they will bring in someone good from Pride. I don't see why only the heavier weights would get Pride talent comming in and not the LW division.

The problem isnt that Daddy, Din, Aurelio, Spencer etc arnet qualified enough to fight Penn, becuase they could put the fight together and it would sell well, its just that Penn is on a different Level then them and it would get boring watching Penn defend his title without any challenges, unless penn underestimates one of them and gets KTFO GSP style (which isnt that far fetched)

matto Guest

Quote Originally Posted by neonatural45
    The problem isnt that Daddy, Din, Aurelio, Spencer etc arnet qualified enough to fight Penn, becuase they could put the fight together and it would sell well, its just that Penn is on a different Level then them and it would get boring watching Penn defend his title without any challenges, unless penn underestimates one of them and gets KTFO GSP style (which isnt that far fetched)

agree, its just that they arent on the level of penn, and nobody from pride is on the level with penn but would probably make for a better fight and sell more.

Quote Originally Posted by insano1
    Agreed, there's no one in the UFC LW's that can beat BJ right now, especially with Sherk out of action. Everyone was looking forward so badly to that fight.

Could be BJ's the Anderson Silva of the LW's in the UFC. I mean who's close, Joe "Daddy", KenFlo, Huerta ?

71 Jackson
    72 Franklin
    73 Franca
    74 St. Pierre

If Joe Daddy wins its gotta be him. Although id love to see the UFC sign Gomi and put them against Penn right away

Thread Information