Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BJ Penn's next fight.

Although he is just having his UFC debut, Aurelio if he wins I would like to get a shot. Probably not the most deserving person, but regardless would be an awesome fight.

Seriuosly can anyone beat BJ at 155? I seriously don;t think anyone mentioned here can win,....puchers chance yes,...but my money goes with BJ at this weight,...he looked ridiculous against Jens, he DOMINATED. Seems like this is the best weight for him anyways,...he looked too fat for 165. Wasn't a BJ fan until after his 2nd fight with Hughes and looked solid again vs Jens.

No real competition for him at 155,....right?

Default Here's what Dana is thinking

I think BJ Penn should fight Carl Uno... to a draw.... and then the LW division in the UFC should be dismantled...... again

(sarcasm)

he looked awsome vs jens if that bj comes in to the cage no one will touch him at 155

Can B.J. please beat a Top 10 Lightweight before we say he is the best? Yes he is awesome, but he has yet to beat a Top 10 Lightweight in years. Can he at least win the title before we crown him the number one Lightweight in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by redhwan
    Can B.J. please beat a Top 10 Lightweight before we say he is the best? Yes he is awesome, but he has yet to beat a Top 10 Lightweight in years. Can he at least win the title before we crown him the number one Lightweight in the world?

he owned Hughes in both their matchups, aside from the 3rd round when the fight was stopped, he fought GSP to a close decision (an arguable, by most people's standards), and they are 1 + 2 in the weight above, also he beat the #1 Lightweight in the World in Gomi

why does he need the title to be #1 in the weightclass? (see: Shogun Rua)
    Last edited by Gmunit; 07-24-2007 at 07:15 PM.

Suppose to be sherk but....due to the recent bad news its not him any more. Hopefully he fights matt hughes again in a rubber match.

do you guys think there is any chance for a LW tournament? I know that would make my day!
    2009 YEAR OF SHOGUN!!!

WAR FOR LIFE!
    Shogun, Cro Cop, BJ Penn, Rampage, Mayhem, Nick Diaz, Wandy, Tito, Fedor, Big Nog, Babalu!

Quote Originally Posted by the dazzle
    do you guys think there is any chance for a LW tournament? I know that would make my day!

Dana has said he doesn't like the tournament idea, hopefully he changes his mind, he may not have much of a choice

Penn vs. Yamamoto at 155

Thread Information