Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike "Quick" Swick

BritneySpearsGuy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    It's a lot easier to finsish off guys like Butch Bacon and Alex Schoenauer than it is to finish fights against Kazuo Misaki or Murilo Bustamante.
    but Swick has the strength and speed to choke out even top Brazilian jujitsu fighters. I mean if he got someone like Murilo Bustamante, Paolo Filho or any 185 pounder from BTT, in a guillotine choke, the opponent would submit. It doesn;t matter how good you are in grappling. Swick is strong for a 185 pounder. He almost got Stephan Bonnar in that choke, but Stephan was just too big and strong, but he barely got out

BritneySpearsGuy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    It's one thing for someone to think he's a number 2 type caliber fighter ,but another thing to think he should be actually ranked number 2!Accomplishments play a big part in rankings and right now the only real think Swick has accomplished is a win over Riggs.
    you're right about that. But no one is gonna beat him unless he loses to Rich Franklin.

you know what i like swick alot i will give him a high ranking if he beats a top contender like the crow and evan tanner i dont see him beating silva but you never know also i want to see him in a rematch agaist leben and kick his ass.....
    " If I wanted to talk to a i would have farted"

i think swick isnt a bad fighter but i dont really think he couldbeat all those mw you listed

marquadt would beat him up prety badly

YOU ARGUE ABOUT MMA WITH MMAPIMP YOU LOSE!!!!,YOU LOSE!!!!

I have a inflamed vagina after this post.

IM STARTING THE NATE "THE GREAT" MARQUARDT WAGON--SO WHO WANTS TO JUMP ON?

Psalm 144:1 - Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

Mike Swick is a good young fighter, but his biggest win to date is vs Joe Riggs. That doesn't really make him a top 3 fighter. He may have the potential to one day be a top 3 fighter, but to say he is as of now is ridiculous. Look at Hendo, Silva, Marquardt, Lindland, and Tanner's resumes then compare that to Swick's.

i think that if he does indeed fight The Crow at UFC 63 then I would atleast think of him as a top tier MW. Do I see him just going in and just taking out The Crow? Hell No! Anderson Silva, Dan Henderson, or Rich Franklin either? OF course not! I am actually a big fan of Swick, but *Brett looks around* if you haven't noticed we live in a thing called "reality"!

he DEFINATILY would not beat dan henderson, sorry.

i like swick. he's an entertaining fighter that always puts on a show. but like killerinstinct said his only accomplishment is beating riggs, who by the way has looked like shit since losing to hughes. evan tanner, the crow, marquardt, lindland, hendo, and ace aren't just better than him, but they've all accomplished more.

and let's compare swick to nate quarry. when quarry debuted he had about the same kind of streak goin for him that swick does now. i'd even argue that he's a lot more technical and skilled than swick. and what happened on the big show? franklin gave him probably the sickest knockout seen in a long time. now look at leben, a man who beat swick just two years ago. he was considered the hottest mw almost certain to get a title shot and he goes up against anderson silva and he gets destroyed and KO'd 49 seconds into the fight.

I'll admit the last two guillotine wins by swick have been impressive, but guys like tanner, silva, hendo, crow, and ace are not going to leave themselves open for a guillotine. wait, i mean swickotine.

bottom line: i like swick but if he fights silva or ace he's gonna get knocked the swick out.

5-6 in sig/av bets. I'm the Ross Pointon of Sig bets

Quote Originally Posted by TheBranMan
    guys like tanner, silva, hendo, crow, and ace are not going to leave themselves open for a guillotine.
    I agree, but you forget just how quick a swickotine is.

Na he isn't ready for a top contender status yet imo, but if he can beat crow, Silva, or Tanner he'll be close. I hope he can get there over the next year or so - he's certainly good and entertaining.

git.

Thread Information