Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rep

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy
    Giving negative rep for that comment on boxing is a little harsh...

But you'll find a lot of that here if you're not a long time poster...
    youve a member alot longer then I have

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by twankydawg
    Not true man, i just started posting here and I'm over 500 rep, offer something of substance other than bashing or ignorant comments and you'll get rep.
    And complaints about rep.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

i like neg repping when people complain about rep

Its my experience on this site that if you post an opinion that isnt politically correct or isnt in line with the majority opinion you get neg'ed pretty badly. just stick to your guns and keep giving your opinions and hopefully the posters here will become a little more tolerant eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog887503
    Its my experience on this site that if you post an opinion that isnt politically correct or isnt in line with the majority opinion you get neg'ed pretty badly. just stick to your guns and keep giving your opinions and hopefully the posters here will become a little more tolerant eventually.

its all about the way in which you word yourself, if its done in a respectful manner you won't get neg'd for an unpopular opinion, disagreements are bound to happen and by keeping them civil you are contributing positively to the forums and in turn, gaining rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gmunit
    its all about the way in which you word yourself, if its done in a respectful manner you won't get neg'd for an unpopular opinion, disagreements are bound to happen and by keeping them civil you are contributing positively to the forums and in turn, gaining rep
    Agreed. The more you badger people about rep and make comments implying there is some sort of sinister conspiracy going on towards newbies, the more neg rep you'll see.

Just relax and share your opinions without calling anyone names or using slurs and you'll get over.
    Last edited by Steel; 07-24-2007 at 07:21 PM.

I personally havent called any names unless ive been called something first but maybe ive just had a bad run of it.

8. Default

I personally havent called any names unless ive been called something first but maybe ive just had a bad run of it.
    It comes with time, in my experience. Ther are always a few posters who will neg you for minor stuff, but they are firmly in the minority. The vast majority of people here are accepting of dissenting opinions so long as they are presented intelligently and respectfully.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

I disagree. I think if you post negative perspectives without backing it up or explaining why you think the way you do, you'll probably get negged; but if you back up what you say with a solid explanation, most people are pretty tolerant.

For example, I posted "Fuck Kendall Grove, he's an asshole." and got negged.

I also posted "Fuck Kendall Grove and Team Dagger. That bullshit on TUF about selling out your teammates injuries to the opposing team is totally wrong; regardless of Kendall's relative talent, to me, he'll always be a punkass with no integrity."

See the difference?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Man, I have never neg'd anyone in six mos. of posting no matter how bad the argument- and that includes a nasty engagement with Palma. I neg'd you because you had to pipe in with what I consider a misguided opinion and sarcastically repeat my usage of "pal". Well, I don't know who the hell you are and I didn't feel like following the mantra "The Dude Abides"(anyone get the reference?) so I neg'd you. Then you tell me to stay on the topic of the forum when I had clearly posted the same sentiment in the post you were originally responding to.

If you had just stated your opinion without the "pal", I would NEVER have neg'd you.

Now with that said, I was being entirely too sensitive and was having a horrible day... So my apologies.

Thread Information