Thread: dummy

Default dummy

hi im from canada and im looking for a dummy for years (you knoe the one with legs and arms for submission) do you know where i can find one in canada

Check out Combatsports.com. They have them and will ship internationally.

matto Guest

ya thanks, iv been looking for one for a while now as well.

matto Guest

omg that one that weighs 130lds. is a great deal for only 200$ it will also be good to practice my thows, sweeps, shots, and greco roman thows. you can also use it to practice submissions and gnp. should be sweet, there are better grappling dummies out there but i could only find the really good ones at like 600$ and you cannot beat them with strikes eaither. wonder if i could practice my thai clinch on it as well.

I read an article about this one dude making his own dummy from an overall, gloves, heavy fabrics, sand, old pair of sneakers and something for the head and also he had somehow put sticks into the limbs to get a better feel to them (I don't remeber how he had fixed the joints). I just can't remeber what he used as a head. Then he taped the overall with ducttape so it would hold all the heavy fabrics and sand inside it and also taped the gloves and shoes in place.

That dummy was good to train submissions and GnP on. It wasn't really good for throws etc. But if I had spare time and a good place to keep that dummy I would make one.

matto Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel
    I read an article about this one dude making his own dummy from an overall, gloves, heavy fabrics, sand, old pair of sneakers and something for the head and also he had somehow put sticks into the limbs to get a better feel to them (I don't remeber how he had fixed the joints). I just can't remeber what he used as a head. Then he taped the overall with ducttape so it would hold all the heavy fabrics and sand inside it and also taped the gloves and shoes in place.

That dummy was good to train submissions and GnP on. It wasn't really good for throws etc. But if I had spare time and a good place to keep that dummy I would make one.
    rofl what you just descriped sounds like a scarcrow. in that case just grab one outta the ol corn fields. lol i heard somewhere that you should buy some cheep liquor and find a bum and tell him that if you can try a couple things on him ull give it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by matto
    rofl what you just descriped sounds like a scarcrow. in that case just grab one outta the ol corn fields. lol i heard somewhere that you should buy some cheep liquor and find a bum and tell him that if you can try a couple things on him ull give it to him.
    Haha, no man I'm actully beeing serious! Now it seems the same dude has improved his dummy!

Check it out

http://www.geocities.com/fightraining/grappled2.html

matto Guest

did you say sticks and overalls? didnt think of this until now but a blowup doll could actually become a very cheep grappling dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by matto
    did you say sticks and overalls? didnt think of this until now but a blowup doll could actually become a very cheep grappling dummy.
    Naaah man, I think you'd get stuck in the guard most of the times He used sticks and overalls in the first edition he mentions from 1996. I read that story a very long time I ago and that I went to check it out it seems like he had improved it, alot!!

matto Guest

nice sig.

Thread Information