Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 91

Thread: Mike "Quick" Swick

  1. #1
    BritneySpearsGuy Guest

    Default Mike "Quick" Swick

    I heard rumors that Swick is going to fight a top MW at the next UFC. I hope this is true. I said for a while that Swick should be ranked at least #3 at 185. But he isn't even ranked in top 10 for any MMA site i go to. If he got to fight Anderson Silva, David Loiseau, Matt Lindland, Evan Tanner, Swick would win easily.

    He is getting better with submissions. He could get that guillotine choke off very quickly and has those quick hands. Imagine him learning other submissions and using it quickly, he'll be almost unstoppable. Well, Rich Franklin is the only fighter at 185 that i think is better. Swick would beat Dan Henderson

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Joplin,Missouri
    Posts
    5,016

    Default

    he's scheduled to fight The Crow at UFC 63.
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...2008&zoneid=14

    Swick is a great new up and comer ,but I don't know how easy it would be for him to beat Anderson Silva, David Loiseau, Matt Lindland,or Evan Tanner.

    Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,587

    Default

    please tell me this is a troll job, if not then STFU n00b. Seriously this place is turning into Sherdog Part 2 lately.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Joplin,Missouri
    Posts
    5,016

    Default

    "I love Britney Spears. I'm her #1 fan. I kiss my pillow every night pretending it's her."
    What the Fuck?

    Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

  5. #5
    BritneySpearsGuy Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaShogunRua
    please tell me this is a troll job, if not then STFU n00b. Seriously this place is turning into Sherdog Part 2 lately.
    hey, i've been watching MMA for the past 5 years and i follow rankings and visit Sherdog for records and all that stuff. So i know a lot about MMA. I know Swick isn't ranked that high, but i can see him being the next MW champion.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Joplin,Missouri
    Posts
    5,016

    Default

    I could see him being a threat to Rich and a contender at MW ,but to say that he'd beat Anderson Silva, David Loiseau, Matt Lindland,or Evan Tanner easily is a bit far fetched.

    Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

  7. #7
    BritneySpearsGuy Guest

    Default

    i don't know if i ever mentioned this before, i like seeing champions that always finish off their opponents. Swick is one of those fighters, and i'm hoping he becomes champion. Dan Henderson is the Pride MW champion and he had to go to decision in his last 2 fights. Swick wins fights and makes it look easy

  8. #8
    BritneySpearsGuy Guest

    Default

    after Swick got that submissions win over Joe Riggs, I had Swick ranked #2 for middleweights only behind Rich Franklin. I think Swick is that good. I know a lot of fans will argue with me over that, but thats my opinion

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Joplin,Missouri
    Posts
    5,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BritneySpearsGuy
    i don't know if i ever mentioned this before, i like seeing champions that always finish off their opponents. Swick is one of those fighters, and i'm hoping he becomes champion. Dan Henderson is the Pride MW champion and he had to go to decision in his last 2 fights. Swick wins fights and makes it look easy
    It's a lot easier to finsish off guys like Butch Bacon and Alex Schoenauer than it is to finish fights against Kazuo Misaki or Murilo Bustamante.

    Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Joplin,Missouri
    Posts
    5,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BritneySpearsGuy
    after Swick got that submissions win over Joe Riggs, I had Swick ranked #2 for middleweights only behind Rich Franklin. I think Swick is that good. I know a lot of fans will argue with me over that, but thats my opinion
    It's one thing for someone to think he's a number 2 type caliber fighter ,but another thing to think he should be actually ranked number 2!Accomplishments play a big part in rankings and right now the only real think Swick has accomplished is a win over Riggs.

    Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •