Thread: 3 Fights Officially Added To UFC 62

Default 3 Fights Officially Added To UFC 62

-Josh Neer vs Thiago Alves
    -Wes Combs vs Wilson Gouveia
    -Cory Walmsley vs David Heath

Not really any big names. Neer vs Alves should be good. Probably won't see any of these fights on the main card though.

source:UFC.com

Neer vs. Alves could be a potential swing bout, but the other two are relegated to the "only seen unless there's a slick sub, big KO, or potential fight of the night" group of fights.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaShogunRua

Not really any big names. Neer vs Alves should be good. Probably won't see any of these fights on the main card though.

Wow, what a stacked card! UFC is going to reach the $600,000 mark in fighter payouts! They have yet to reach $900,000 ever. The highest payout was with Royce as he was payed $400,000 (Hughes was only payed his regular fight salary of $55,000 and $55,000 for the win bous which is why I hate Dana White even more). UFC grossed around $22-$26 million dolars for that venue and the fighter payouts were $800,000. Overheard and production really no more than $1 million. Dana White and UFC have had these type of gains each an every payperview this year with the exception of the Franklin vs the Crow main event which only drew $11 million, all of the other have grossed $18-20+ million per payperview. UFC has neted around $60 million dollars this year and pay fighters like Brandon Vera $16,000 and that's with the win bonus.

Pride pays Fedor $1 million per fight (or more) and Big Nog was making that but I'm not sure what they pay him now. Wandy makes $400,000 per fight and Chuck is the highest payed fighter in UFC and that is $250,000 and that is with the win bonus.

Rich Franklin was payed $35,000 with the win bonus ($17,500 to fight and $17,500 to win) against the crow and the crow was payed $8,000 for that fight.

It makes me pissed when I see these guys getting payed chit and Dana White making around $40,000 per day when you averaging it out.

Do you not think Sakakibara is filthy rich? Ofcourse he is but he understands sharing the wealth, the fighters are the one's making your Ferrari payments and your 10 mortgages, at least make them rich as well by paying the top guys at least $250,000. Franklin at $35,000? Vera at $16,000? Pride should snatch up Vera, he is all about the money and would leave UFC in a heartbeat.

It is just BS for us to pay $40.00 per household and get those 3 fights right there announced. Neer makes $10,000-$12,000 including the win bonus, Alves will make $5,000-$8,000 and the other 4 guys are each making $5,000 and $10,000 to the 2 winners.

When the payouts come out, watch, Chuck will be at $250,000 if he wins, Babalu will be at $35,000-$40,000 if he looses and $70,000-$80,000 if he wins and no one else will get payed. The next highest payout will be $16,000.

And you wonder why PRIDE owns UFC?

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaShogunRua

As intriguing as Neer vs. Alves is, I still don't get why they both get a fight on a UFC after losing when other guys who have recently won deserve that spot more. Same goes for Combs and Gouveia...PITIFULL performances by both of them last time and we are gunna see them on a UFC :banghead:...well probably not but you get my point.

And who the heezy are the other two guys? they should be on ultimate Fight Night or something and Leben vs. Santiago needs to be added to this card!

One final analysis...based on their recent trips to the octagon, if Neer loses he'll probably get one more chance in the UFC. If Alves loses, he will probably be gone from the UFC. WAR NEER!

"For years Iíve underestimated Tim Sylvia. This time I think Iím gonna be in the minority and pick Tim and his long right hand. Come to think of it, I am a minority." - Din Thomas predicts Sylvia to beat Fedor LMAO!

Favorite Fighters: Penn, Rampage, Tito, Couture, Guida, GSP, Mayhem, Varner, Mir, Torres

13-6-1 in AV/SIG bets

Thread Information