Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: phil baroni at november ufc

paul Guest

Default phil baroni at november ufc

now i know it has been said that baroni will fight in nov at the ufc event against a top mw contender but who is my question with swick and the crow roughly scheduled in september and terell fighting in august could it be against anderson silva or maybe nate or possibly terell if he is healthy and willing what do you guys think

Read my lips E-V-A-N T-A-N-N-E-R. I don't know that for sure but it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by paul
    could it be against anderson silva or maybe nate or possibly terell if he is healthy and willing what do you guys think
    Silva is apparently fighting Franklin in October so he's out, Marquard is possible if you mean that Nate ('The Rocked' is having surgery).

Lilmac could be right, except why would (a) Baroni want to eat more of Tanner's knees or (b) Tanner bother to feed Baroni any more of his knees?

git.
    Last edited by Hypergit; 08-01-2006 at 01:14 AM.

I'm thinking it's Marquardt as well.

paul Guest

i was thinking marquadt and yes thats what i meant by nate i just wasnt sure on the spelling of his last name tanner is a possibility but i personally dont feel he is at the top of the mw rankings right now and in order for him to get a shot at rich again hes gonna have to beat just about everyone in the mw division since franklin has 2 wins over him already i mean tanner and rich would be like a rubber match except tanner hasnt won yet id like to see baroni fight marquadt thatd be a good match i think

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaShogunRua
    he is The only one that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaShogunRua
    MAKES SENSE

Quote Originally Posted by LILMAC
    Read my lips E-V-A-N T-A-N-N-E-R. I don't know that for sure but it makes sense.
    That doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering that Tanner already beat the shit out of twice.I'm going to agree with everyone else and say Marquart.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

It makes sense in the promotion of the fight because the two victories by Tanner lend more of a back story. Baroni would be trying to redeem himself and Tanner is trying to make a comeback. I just think Marquart would be better served to fight someone who is a part of the UFC scene and since most of the popular choices are already scheduled I think he should fight someone like Lister first. I just think there would be more interest ( by the average UFC fan) to have Tanner fight Baroni. I like Marquart but I think he needs to prove himself a couple of more times.

i've been hearing about Marquadt on other forums too, and i've also been hearing that Baroni has actually been training with Tanner pretty recently, so that kind of scraps that

i just want to see some TUF can fight him, i just want one spectacular knockout for the reels before he moves up to the contenders and eventually Rich

Thread Information