+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Erasing an Upset

Default Erasing an Upset

I got this idea from another forum, but if you could erase just one upset from an mma event, which would it be and why?

Me, I would have to choose one from UFC and one from Pride.
    From UFC I would erase Cro Cop vs. Gonzaga. I would much rather see Cro Cop vs. Randy in a few weeks. How awesome would that be. I would be much less dissapointed if CC beat Couture and took the title than if Gonzaga does. From Pride I would erase Hendo vs. Wandy 2. I would love to see Silva against Rampage for the unified titles in September. Then we would know for sure if what Rampage said about his past losses being the result of poor cardio that he has now corrected, seeing as he has lost twice to Wanderlei. Instead, we have two people both making their first title defenses. But of these two, I would choose to overturn Cro Cop v. Gonzaga. I guess I just like Cro Cop more than Wandy. So what upsets would you guys change?

Quote Originally Posted by wgasa
    I got this idea from another forum, but if you could erase just one upset from an mma event, which would it be and why?

From UFC I would erase Cro Cop vs. Gonzaga. I would much rather see Cro Cop vs. Randy in a few weeks. How awesome would that be. I would be much less dissapointed if CC beat Couture and took the title than if Gonzaga does. From Pride I would erase Hendo vs. Wandy 2. I would love to see Silva against Rampage for the unified titles in September. Then we would know for sure if what Rampage said about his past losses being the result of poor cardio that he has now corrected, seeing as he has lost twice to Wanderlei. Instead, we have two people both making their first title defenses. But of these two, I would choose to overturn Cro Cop v. Gonzaga. I guess I just like Cro Cop more than Wandy. So what upsets would you guys change?
    lol, I would erase almost every upset this year.. It is hard to pick just one.

Cro Cop vs. Gonzaga just because like you, I would rather see CC and Randy fight and who knows if it will ever happen now. (this is my main pick, but I have others)

I would want GSP vs. Serra to be erased because now Serra gets to hold his title all year and call himself champion with defending it once in December (and maybe not successfully), thus putting the title in limbo.

I would want to erase Hendo over Wandy and Jackson (even though it wasn't an upset really) over Chuck so they could fight as champion vs. champion instead. Would have been a much better unifying match than Hendo vs. Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by wgasa

CroCop because I hug his nutts and GSP. Hendo beating Wandy, imo, wasn't a big upset.

Quote Originally Posted by insano1
    CroCop because I hug his nutts and GSP. Hendo beating Wandy, imo, wasn't a big upset.

If you are going to hug the nuts of anyone, those 2 are no one to cry about.

I drive the CC Bandwagon myself lol

and the Bob Sapp Bandwagon.. but that is only when I am drunk

Cro Cop getting brutally KO'ed by Gonzaga. I still have nightmares about that! I also wish Shogun wouldn't have broken his arm against Coleman.
    2009 YEAR OF SHOGUN!!!

WAR FOR LIFE!
    Shogun, Cro Cop, BJ Penn, Rampage, Mayhem, Nick Diaz, Wandy, Tito, Fedor, Big Nog, Babalu!

I'd go with Arona over Wand in the MW Grand Prix. How awesome would it have been to see Shogun vs. Wandy in the finals?
    HENDO

Quote Originally Posted by leelandk69
    I'd go with Arona over Wand in the MW Grand Prix. How awesome would it have been to see Shogun vs. Wandy in the finals?
    def has to be up there, wand vs. shogun would be off the hook. there are a lot out there that shouldnt have happened and i would have changed such as gsp vs. serra. cc vs. gonzaga as i hated to see it happen it actually will probably help cc's career and let him get to the NEXT level of skill, he realizes that he needs to take every fight serousallly and he has new training partners and is training for the cage. a lot of good will come out of it, but i can see where you guys are comming from.

Silva vs. Franklin because I think Rich would have beat him if he wasn't injured and Silva is just a tad overrated here.

Arona vs. Fedor, this one really wasn't really an upset but it's straight bullshit, go watch that fight and tell me Arona didn't win. I hate to see Arona have a loss from Fedor on his record when really he won.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo
    Silva vs. Franklin because I think Rich would have beat him if he wasn't injured and Silva is just a tad overrated here.
    Have you not watched any of Silva's other fights?
    HENDO

Quote Originally Posted by leelandk69
    Have you not watched any of Silva's other fights?
    agree, silva should have beatin franklin and especially in the striking department. if franklin decides to stand with him again it'll be a mess.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information