Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Houston Alexander

Default Houston Alexander

Where do you guys think Houston Alexander fits into the mix? I personally feel its way to early to tell a this point but he did get a lot of people talking by knocking out Jardine. Just looking back on his past fights, I don't see anything impressive that indicates that he will be anything more than a "flash in the pan" in the UFC. Yeah, he did beat Jardine but at least Jardine has the fan base and the name he gained from the Ultimate Fighter. Unless Houston backs this up with another impressive win, I don't see him hanging around for too long in the UFC.

--

To be honest, I'm not really looking in his direction at the moment.

Props to Houston for KO'ing Keith in such devestating fashion... but like you say, it's gotta be followed up.

i think that Houston got lucky that he was fighting a "big name" fighter who IMO isn't very talented. Jardine has the look of a real tough guy but doesn't live up to it in the cage.

As for Houston, the guy obviously hits hard and looks to be passionate and focused when the bell rings, especially after hearing he is a single father of 6, but again I question his real talent. All the best to him, but I feel he is now "Keith Jardine" and being gunned for by lesser known guys, and will get caught soon

i think he fit's in with the tuf guys,bonner jardine the big cow boy guy (his name slips my mind right now)has alot more to show before i say he is really in the picture for anything.he's a 2nd 3rd level kinda guy in the LHW division

It all depends on his next fight - if he wins, how, and who he fights, The guy can hit pretty hard, which is never a bad thing. I'm not big on MMA math but Houston beat the hell out of the guy that beat the hell out of Forest. That should count for something, I really don't know what, but something.

Jardine caught him before he got the holy hell beat out of him and from what ive seen Houston has power but lacks still lacks standup. I expect Sakara to KO him rather easily

lhw is way to deep only see him being in the top 15 or top 10 but who knows havent seen much of him and fighters always improve

still to early for me to have any judgement on him yet.i need to see him fight atleast 3 or 4 more times against some great fighters to give you my idea on him

He is fighting Sakara next. That will be an interesting fight since they both like to stand up and brawl.

to be honest i don't really care who wins that match i'm looking forward to an entertaining brawl as well

Thread Information