Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Houston Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoid
    Where do you guys think Houston Alexander fits into the mix? I personally feel its way to early to tell a this point but he did get a lot of people talking by knocking out Jardine. Just looking back on his past fights, I don't see anything impressive that indicates that he will be anything more than a "flash in the pan" in the UFC. Yeah, he did beat Jardine but at least Jardine has the fan base and the name he gained from the Ultimate Fighter. Unless Houston backs this up with another impressive win, I don't see him hanging around for too long in the UFC.

--
    This is sort of my feelings on Gonzaga.. if he beats Randy, then he is the real thing.

Personally, Houston beat Jardine, who gained all of his real hype for beating Forrest, which most consider quite an upset. Until Houston, like Vera and Gonzaga, beat a guy worth something, I can't jump on any bandwagon yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoid
    Just looking back on his past fights, I don't see anything impressive that indicates that he will be anything more than a "flash in the pan" in the UFC.
    did you actually see his last fights, or do you mean looking at his record. His record is actually pretty solid for a guy new to the bigger venues...but I'm curious if you were able to get any of his previous fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma
    This is sort of my feelings on Gonzaga.. if he beats Randy, then he is the real thing. Personally, Houston beat Jardine, who gained all of his real hype for beating Forrest, which most consider quite an upset. Until Houston, like Vera and Gonzaga, beat a guy worth something, I can't jump on any bandwagon yet.
    Well, beating Cro Cop is a much bigger deal than beating Jardine, so I'm giving Gonzaga more credit, if he and Alexander have to be compared.

I wouldn't even put Jardine top 15 in the weight class...he fought a smart fight against Griffin, but I think Forrest would take the next 2, if they fought to a rubber match...and I don't think Forrest is particularly good.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead
    Well, beating Cro Cop is a much bigger deal than beating Jardine, so I'm giving Gonzaga more credit, if he and Alexander have to be compared.

And I completely agree, beating CC is better than beating Jardine, clearly. But every dog has his day. Heath Herring was a few punches from beating Fedor once upon a time..

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma
    And I completely agree, beating CC is better than beating Jardine, clearly. But every dog has his day. Heath Herring was a few punches from beating Fedor once upon a time..

He almost had a moment with Big Nog the other day as well. Poor guy...Always a bridesmaid, Never the bride...

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Everyone loves to see big punchers and hopefully he will prove to be exciting. I'm still not buying his B.S. "Naw, I slipped" in regards to Jardine rocking him early, but hey....how could you not go crazy when he was letting Jardine have it?

Am I the only one that wants to bang the Progressive Insurance girl?

Thread Information