View Poll Results: Will the UFC's rules ever change?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 55.56%
  • No

16 44.44%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we ever see unified rules in the ufc?

matto Guest

Default Will we ever see unified rules in the ufc?

do u think that the ufc will ever get the pride rules to come to the ufc, such as kicking and kneeing a downed opponent. soccer kicks are a big part of some mma fighters arsonal and can be used to keep an opponent down rather then him grabbing onto your leg to recover from the strikes, which has happened in the ufc. do u think that pride rules will ever be in the ufc and do you want pride rules in the ufc?

When the last pride event was in the US did their rules fly over here? Or do things have to be changed since they were in the US?

I wouldnt mind seeing the some of the rules allowed here.
    But the Athletic Commission or whatever probably wouldnt like them.

~Give wings to my triumph~
    Fav. Fighters: Crocop, Wandy, Rampage

The athletic commisions will never allow kicks to the head of a grounded opponent or stomps. Both are very dangerous (especially in a cage) however the NSAC and NJAC are both considering allowing knees to the head of a downed opponent.

matto Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    The athletic commisions will never allow kicks to the head of a grounded opponent or stomps. Both are very dangerous (especially in a cage) however the NSAC and NJAC are both considering allowing knees to the head of a downed opponent.
    wow that truly just broke my heat. knees to a downed opponent are still good. i know this is kinda farfeched but i wish the rules allowed you do also do headbutts and no gloves are to be used unless you choose to do so. it would help the grapplers a lot as well as some strikers. its bs how i used to train with handwraps and when you fight you dont have that support there so its nice to train without them and get used to it. also bareknuckles do a lot more damage, but can also hurt when you punch sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by matto
    wow that truly just broke my heat. knees to a downed opponent are still good. i know this is kinda farfeched but i wish the rules allowed you do also do headbutts and no gloves are to be used unless you choose to do so. it would help the grapplers a lot as well as some strikers. its bs how i used to train with handwraps and when you fight you dont have that support there so its nice to train without them and get used to it. also bareknuckles do a lot more damage, but can also hurt when you punch sometimes.
    Bare knuckle would be bad for the fighters. We would end up with way too many guys with broken hands/knuckles and headbutts would just end up stopping a ton of fights on cuts.

Also fighters are allowed to have hand wraps under their gloves but they are limited to a certain length and then a roll of tape on top.

matto Guest

Bare knuckle would be bad for the fighters. We would end up with way too many guys with broken hands/knuckles and headbutts would just end up stopping a ton of fights on cuts.

Also fighters are allowed to have hand wraps under their gloves but they are limited to a certain length and then a roll of tape on top.
    yes i love handwraps for protection and will support your grip but the wraps and gloves arent the best for grapplers, cannot complain they are pritty cool. what is the lenght of the handwraps? cause i like the mexican style that are 180 inches but i doubt they would allow that, probably the internation wraps?

also is it just me or do the pride gloves look and seem slightly bigger then the ufcs gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by matto
    yes i love handwraps for protection and will support your grip but the wraps and gloves arent the best for grapplers, cannot complain they are pritty cool. what is the lenght of the handwraps? cause i like the mexican style that are 180 inches but i doubt they would allow that, probably the internation wraps?

also is it just me or do the pride gloves look and seem slightly bigger then the ufcs gloves?
    I forget the length and it might vary commission to commision with small things like that.

The pride gloves are 6 ounce instead of 4 but most of those extra 2 ounces are around the fighters wrist, so it doesn't actually change much.

matto Guest

I forget the length and it might vary commission to commision with small things like that.

The pride gloves are 6 ounce instead of 4 but most of those extra 2 ounces are around the fighters wrist, so it doesn't actually change much.
    thought so, the ufc gloves are tight and sweet. but the pride gloves are so comfortable. i know gi's arent allowed anymore but why cant fighters where those wrestling type shoes anymore?

I'm not sure for the reasoning but the either the NJAC or the NSAC (and the others following) simply banned all clothing except for the fight shorts. Probably to prevent any perceived advantages/things that could be used as a weapon.

I'd be surprised to even see that. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it a Gan Mcgee match in NJ that got knees outlawed in the first place when he nearly snuffed out a guy??

And where is Good ole Gan these days?

Thread Information