Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Is it just me, or was PRIDE 34 extremely depressing?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,308

    Default Is it just me, or was PRIDE 34 extremely depressing?

    Knowing that this is clearly the last PRIDE we've all known to love etc, throughout all the years... (I've been a fan since 2002/03) I wish they could have made it a stronger card but overall the event delivered as always...
    -Sig Removed Because of Size-

  2. Default

    No offense, but Pride 34 was almost four months ago.


    The value commentary is a little late.

    Wibblywobblywonder

    14-4 Sig Bets

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    No offense, but Pride 34 was almost four months ago.


    The value commentary is a little late.
    Yes, but it was the LAST PRIDE event. That should mean something. I just popped it into my DVD player. I'm watching it.
    -Sig Removed Because of Size-

  4. Default

    Eh. Still probably an unecessary thread.

    But whatever. Maybe I'm being nitpicky. I usually trust Dork's intuition a little more on these kinds of things.

    Wibblywobblywonder

    14-4 Sig Bets

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    Eh. Still probably an unecessary thread.

    But whatever. Maybe I'm being nitpicky. I usually trust Dork's intuition a little more on these kinds of things.

    Na you are right, this is a Noob Jack thread and thats why i moved it their

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dork8503
    Na you are right, this is a Noob Jack thread and thats why i moved it their
    ahhaha, did you notice that Don Fryes head was actually cut open from James Thompsons head, like the pre fight stare down when they're forehead to forehead!! It's a little cut, but you can tell.
    -Sig Removed Because of Size-

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dork8503
    Na you are right, this is a Noob Jack thread and thats why i moved it their
    Well done. I think it was a god judgment call.

    I didn't even think of tossing it in here, but I like it.

    Wibblywobblywonder

    14-4 Sig Bets

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,178

    Default

    Yes it was not the typical stacked PRIDE card. My theory behind that is they knew they were selling their company and did not want to pump the typical massive amount into fightter payouts and production so they watered it down. I consider PRIDE 33 the final PRIDE even as far as them putting forth effort and putting on the type of stacked events they're known for.

    I think there was something like 10 top 10 world ranked fighters on that card (and that's not even including Soko since he was nowhere near the top 10 at the time and was a 10:1 underdog), Pride's cards were always sick and after watching events like their grand prix's, shockwave's or Bushido's and then watching the following UFC event, it was always a huge step down in quality of cards.

    The UFC is starting to put more effort into stacking their cards but are still spreading the talent throughout as many PPV's as they possibly can so the cards are still nowhere near as stacked as the GP's or Shockwave's but hopefully they will eventully get back to their cards where you would see Liddell, Couture, Hughes, Sherk, Horn, Lindland, etc. on the same card.


    Dana White - "Fedor is a farce"
    Fedor - Destroys Sylvia in 36 seconds
    EMELIANENKOWNED!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    Yes it was not the typical stacked PRIDE card. My theory behind that is they knew they were selling their company and did not want to pump the typical massive amount into fightter payouts and production so they watered it down. I consider PRIDE 33 the final PRIDE even as far as them putting forth effort and putting on the type of stacked events they're known for.

    I think there was something like 10 top 10 world ranked fighters on that card (and that's not even including Soko since he was nowhere near the top 10 at the time and was a 10:1 underdog), Pride's cards were always sick and after watching events like their grand prix's, shockwave's or Bushido's and then watching the following UFC event, it was always a huge step down in quality of cards.

    The UFC is starting to put more effort into stacking their cards but are still spreading the talent throughout as many PPV's as they possibly can so the cards are still nowhere near as stacked as the GP's or Shockwave's but hopefully they will eventully get back to their cards where you would see Liddell, Couture, Hughes, Sherk, Horn, Lindland, etc. on the same card.
    Yeah, agreed. You always have to realize that the UFC hosts more events, PPVs than PRIDE ever did, so naturally they water down their product.
    -Sig Removed Because of Size-

  10. #10

    Default

    does anybody know when and if pride 33 will be released on dvd? it was probably one of the best shows in a few years. diaz beating gomi just drives me nuts everytime i watch it on dailymotion.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •